Posted on April 26th, 2021 | Last day left to apply | 36 views
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer who is a talented super ninja programmer and is
interested in being part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day. Continuous
integration, auto-scaled rolling releases, event-driven microservice architectures are all part of the
What will you be doing?
● You will work closely with other teams from the early stages of design all the way through
identifying and resolving production issues.
● You will support a wide range of products focusing on automation, availability and
performance and above all reliability as well as supporting other engineers and business
intelligence leading up to during and after each sprint.
● You will live true to our ambitions of building an industry leading platform which is
relentlessly focused on innovation.
● Develop elegant solutions for complex problems.
● Write architecturally sound and maintainable code following best programming practices.
● Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide
guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale.
● Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end.
● Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and reliability.
● Working with our testing team to ensure 100% test coverage.
● Discovering and implementing the newest technologies.
Who are we looking for?
● 5+ years experience of native Android development.
● 5+ years of Java or OOP.
● A deep understanding of the Java Language.
● A deep understanding of the Android SDK, SQLite, web services and location-based
● A current view on the Android development landscape.
● A diverse portfolio of previously built Android apps.
● Have published at least one or more Android apps to the market.
● Experienced with third party libraries and APIs.
● Current knowledge of mobile architecture, landscape, trends and emerging markets.
● The ability to create world leading beautiful and elegant user interfaces.
● A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
● A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing
a mobile app.
● A solid understanding of how to create data structures and ORM.
● Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
● Understanding of git commands and have a GitHub or Bitbucket account.