MeshPower is a Rwandan company developing and implementing innovative solutions in the field of rural electrification. We develop and operate smart, remotely-monitored, solar-powered mini-grids. Through these mini-grids MeshPower provides electricity services for businesses and households as well as internet access. Our current R&D projects include adding pay-as-you-go cooking gas into our service offerings, as well as water, all managed through our smart cloud based IOT platform. We are currently looking for a software developer to join our technical development team full time in Kigali. The successful candidate will work alongside our hardware and software engineers.
- As a software developer, you will contribute to a variety of software and programming projects related to MeshPower's different service offerings.
- Contributing to the development of the MeshPower software platform, responsible for metering and controlling customer accounts.
- Document, oversee and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Monitoring system performance of MeshPower’s cloud based platform and edge computing systems.
- Communicating key project data to team members and management
- Developing and executing project plans.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
Minimum required skills:
- Highly proficient in both verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of Python, backend web development and Linux.
- Experience in designing practical software applications.
- Organized and conscientious.
Are good to have, but not mandatory:
- Experience in using Linux as a primary development platform and knowledge of low level UNIX
- file I/O and networking interfaces.
- Knowledge and experience of Docker.
- An interest in electronics and / or embedded systems would be a distinctive quality.
- High interest in the Internet of Things
- Maximum 2 years' working experience