BECOME PART OF THE TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE WAY BUSINESSES ACROSS THE WORLD BUILD SOFTWARE. SOVTECH IS A CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY WITH TEAMS BASED IN JOHANNESBURG, LONDON, AND CAPE TOWN.
We invest in people who can see the future & who work hard to achieve it. SovTech has a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team. We’re only looking for outstanding people – those unique individuals who are brilliant, are always happy to help, socialize, get involved, work hard, and enjoy what they do! We have a continuous learning culture that allows our people to grow and develop in the opportunities across our various teams.
We design, build, deploy and maintain innovative custom software that allows our clients to start, run and grow world-class businesses. Our teams are globally distributed so we have adopted a Fluid approach to remote vs office-based work, encouraging freedom, fluidity of working location, collaboration & exploration. At SovTech, teams define their remote days to encourage collaboration & knowledge sharing whilst still creating the flexibility of remote working.
Our Company Values (The SovTech Spex):
#Smile #Adapt #Results #Tech #Innovate #Partnership #Sorted #Worldclass #Blitz #GiveASh*t
About the Role:
- Build and maintain relationships with partners, working with them to optimise and enhance our integration
- Develop configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Perform quality assurance and define reporting and alerting requirements
- Participate in designing, documenting, and maintaining system processes
- Explore common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to the product team
- Interact with the product team to share key insights and findings
- Search for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to the customer
- The initiative, diligence, self-starter, problem solver skills will be required. To meet expectations, the individual will have to solve complex issues across multiple systems, clients, and technologies.
- The nature of the queries will all be related to financial products traded so an understanding of this is essential.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage issues with vendors, participate and provide input on problem resolution as well as root cause identification.
- Communicates and applies project standards and consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Participate and provide input for problem resolution and root cause identification as well as communicating with users to collect information about production issues.
- Deployments/release management which will require out-of-hours support and standby support
What we are looking for:
- SovTech's Enterprise team is looking for a Technical Business Analyst to work on a project with one of SA's largest investment banks. To be responsible for building and managing strong partnerships with business - Managing relationships across various technology departments to co-ordinate and communicate tasks, milestones, and change requests- Developing detailed functional specifications, use case documents and data/process flow diagrams to perform in-depth business analysis- Preparing project plan and owning the tracking of milestones against the planned roadmap- Providing oversight to QA team and collaborating on test strategy, test case execution & validation - Supporting full life-cycle for new projects/BAU’s (analysis, design, development, testing, implementation), as well as providing assistance in resolution of production problems. .
What Tech would you be working with?
What we can tell you about our culture:
Have a look through our Careers page: Join Our Team, Help Build The Future. Become part of the team that is changing the way businesses across the world build software.
Our latest Blog posts: Visit our latest blog posts to gain insights, tips, news, articles, and tech updates
Humans of SovTech: Finally, if that does not give you enough insight into SovTech, check out our Humans of SovTech Instagram page
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- IT degree or Diploma
- 5+ years of experience as a Business analyst
- 2+ years of SQL scripting experience, i.e. technical exposure is a must – the ability to read logs and SQL scripts; ability to query a DB; etc.
- Ability to run projects/BAU’s
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including efficient time management.
- Financial markets exposure – understands Capital markets products and instruments (Equities, Derivatives markets both local and international)
- Architecture/integration experience
- Various Fix Protocol Knowledge
- JAVA or any coding language (preferable)
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Technical understanding of securities products would be an advantage