More about this Ozow fantastic position
As Company Secretary and Legal Manager at Ozow, you will be the direct and central liaison between the Company and its shareholders. You will provide guidance on governance matters to the Board and committees and the company and implement measures to ensure compliance within the applicable regulatory environment.
You will assume accountability for the drafting, evaluation, processing, and administration of new and existing intermediary contracts and related functions all within the agreed communication channels. You will further assist with research, legal drafting, and updates concerning Company compliance in the national payment industry in South Africa and other jurisdictions of strategic interest to Ozow.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have an LLB qualification
- 6 – 8 years of relevant work experience.
- CIS Certification – NQF Level 8
- CIS Professional Qualification: Management and Administration,
- The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa (CSSA)
- Master’s degree
Your roles and responsibilities – Company Secretary
- To be accountable to the company’s board.
- To provide the directors of the company with guidance as to their duties, responsibilities, and powers.
- To make the directors aware of any law relevant to or affecting the company.
- To report to the company’s board any failure on the part of the company or a director to comply with the Memorandum of Incorporation or rules of the company or this Act.
- To ensure that minutes of all shareholders meetings, board meetings, and the meetings of any committees of the directors, or of the company’s audit committee, are properly recorded in accordance with the Companies Act.
- To certify in the company’s annual financial statements whether the company has filed required returns and notices in terms of this Act and whether all such returns and notices appear to be true, correct, and up to date.
- To ensure that a copy of the company’s annual financial statements is sent to every person who is entitled to it in terms of the Companies Act.
- To carry out the functions, where necessary, of a person who is responsible for the company’s compliance with the filing of the annual returns in terms of the Companies Act.
- To ensure that the procedure for the appointment of directors is properly carried out.
- To assist in the proper induction, orientation, ongoing training, and education of directors, including assessing the specific training needs of directors and executive management in their fiduciary and other governance responsibilities.
- The individual directors, and the board collectively, should look to the company secretary for guidance on their responsibilities and duties and how such responsibilities and duties should be properly discharged in the best interests of the company.
- To provide a central source of guidance and advice to the board, and within the company, on matters of good governance and of changes in legislation.
- To have a direct channel of communication to the chairman and should be available to provide comprehensive practical support and guidance to directors, with particular emphasis on supporting the non-executive directors, the chairman of the board, and the chairman of committees and the audit committee.
- To raise matters that may warrant the attention of the board.
- To ensure that the proceedings of board and committee meetings are properly recorded and that minutes of meetings are circulated to the directors in a timely manner.
- To assist the board with the yearly evaluation of the board, its individual directors, and senior management.
- To ensure that the Company complies in all material respects with all record-keeping requirements imposed by all applicable laws and that all such records are up-to-date in all material respects.
Your roles and responsibilities – Legal Manager
- Processing intermediary contracts and related requests within the agreed timeframes.
- Identifying issues within the Contracting and related processes and communicate this feedback to the various stakeholders.
- Tracking and concluding any system issues relating to the contractual processes.
- Analyse trends and suggest changes to improve delivery to clients
- Understand and apply Risk Management principles to people, processes, and systems.
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to get maximum buy-in towards the resolution of contracts.
- Continuous feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Defending the Business position; whilst ensuring that the business case prevails.
- Ensuring complete compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Ability to provide sound and up-to-date feedback on regulatory requirements in various jurisdictions of strategic interest to Ozow.
Your skills and experience
- Analytical. You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve deep insights.
- Efficient. You are able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organised. You plan, organise, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Highly attentive to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Enthusiastic. You exhibit passion and excitement over work. You have a can-do attitude.
- A hard worker. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You have a track record of working hard.
- A team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Flexible/ adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.