a) About Easy Solar
Easy Solar is a leading solar company in West Africa, distributing and financing high-quality solar products and appliances for those with limited or no access to the conventional grid. Customers can finance their purchase over time by paying in weekly or monthly installments, with the option to pay via cash or mobile money. To date, Easy Solar has reached more than 450,000 beneficiaries, distributed through its extensive network of agents and outlets throughout all of Sierra Leone’s 16 districts.
b) About The Role
We are seeking a dedicated Content Writer to create content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, print collateral, social media, and the company website. The Content Writer's responsibilities include evaluating analytics to adjust content as needed, regularly updating the company's website, and promoting the company blog by pitching articles to various third-party platforms. You should also be able to follow editorial guidelines when creating content.
To be successful as a Content Writer, you should keep abreast of the latest SEO techniques. Ultimately, a top-performing Content Writer should be able to contribute to the development of strategies that will increase reader engagement.
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics, to develop original content
- Develop content for online channels: blogs, press releases, social media, website
- Develop content for offline channels: product descriptions, company brochures, external presentations
- Assist the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns
- Proofread content for errors and inconsistencies
- Edit and polish up existing content to improve readability
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO best practices to increase website traffic
- Create compelling headlines and body copy to capture the target audience’s attention
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new content to address gaps in the company's current content
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field. or any related field is preferred
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience
- A portfolio of published articles
- Women are encouraged to apply
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to thrive in both reactive and proactive environments
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior
- Attention to details with good organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative
- Good decision-making skills, project management skills and problem-solving skills
*Please submit relevant work samples alongside your resume when applying.
e) What We Offer
- An attractive, performance-based, remuneration with benefits
- The opportunity to take part in one of Sierra Leone’s most exciting entrepreneurial projects that has a strong commitment to outstanding customer service, user-friendly, high-quality
- Frequent coaching and training
- The opportunity to work closely with a young, international, tech-driven team of renewable energy enthusiasts