About the Role:
myAgro is relaunching the search for the next Country Director in Senegal. We believe that finding the right leader for this role is critical, so we are continuing our search for a person that is ready to lead the team to achieve our goals, help us reach 300,000+ farmers over the next 3 years, and have an impact on the lives of farmers in Senegal.
We’re looking for an experienced Country Director to lead a dynamic young team across Senegal for myAgro’s next phase of growth. You will oversee a team of 300+ people across 1000 villages in Senegal. Your role as Country Director is to build out your management team and drive towards operational excellence while improving organizational sustainability and impact per farmer.
This is not a typical Country Director role! You will have minimal administrative and fundraising responsibilities. We need leaders who love getting mud on their boots while they visit farmers’ fields and thinking strategically on how to improve execution at a scale from 60,000 farmers to 600,000 over the next 5 years. We need leaders who think coaching and team development is a core function of their role and love to see their people succeed in new & challenging ways. We need experienced professionals who will help lead myAgro’s strategy and team to greater heights of impact and scale.
In a country with major climate change effects, poor network connectivity, spotty electricity and relatively low levels of infrastructure and agricultural industry, this is not going to be easy. That’s why we need you.
The deadline to apply is November 15th, but we will review applications on a rolling basis, so apply today!
- Inspire and lead the Senegal program; embody our values and model how to succeed at myAgro
- Lead the team to achieve operational excellence through implementing reliable processes and frameworks
- Manage away distractions and help teams and the country prioritize work
- Communicate with and listen to team members, peers and other parties
- Make important staffing decisions, contributing to hiring and onboarding across every department
- Bilingual fluency in French and English
- 3+ years as Country Director or similar work scope (e.g. managing multiple departments, complex business operations)
- Experience coaching others, substantial people management experience
- Experience in operational roles, especially in growing NGOs, businesses or social enterprises.
- Experience planning or overseeing implementation and improvements (not innovation, but consistency and predictability)
Salary and Benefits Offered
- A gross salary equivalent to 150,000 USD per year, non-negotiable. In addition, a generous benefits package including:
- Quality health insurance for you and your family. Dental and vision coverage. Employer sponsored life insurance.
- Annual flight benefit
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website, and be sure to include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.