We are looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our data team. You will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
About the company:
Gozem is Africa’s transportation application. Launched in Lome, Togo and Cotonou, Benin, Gozem aims to make transportation across West and Central Africa easier, safer and more reliable.
Through our Mobile Application, users can easily find transportation providers that will pick them up within minutes and will soon be able to get food delivered, and transact with a wide network or merchants.
Do you aspire to flourish in a stimulating and friendly environment? Do you want to evolve and progress in digital, dynamic and disruptive contexts?
Help us grow and become Africa's next unicorn! Join a company where long-term vision, ambition and human values will be the connectors of your professional project!
Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analyst will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. He/She will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop & automate reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or mathematics
- Work experience as a data analyst or in related field.
- Fluent in French and English
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Ability to develop algorithms (including segmentation & predictive models)
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards
- Mastery of Google Analytics / SQL / Python / Alteryx
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.