elmenus is a venture-backed food discovery startup based in Egypt that serves over 1 Million monthly users. We are building a platform that combines a social, visual and personalized experience to help people discover and order the food they will love.
We are in the process of changing the way people perceive online food ordering, we have been known as just an app for food discovery and ratings, and this is about to change. We are currently looking for dynamic and highly motivated Data Scientist to join us.
We need people who are passionate, proactive, customer centric with a can do attitude and hungry for the next challenge
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
What will make you fit this role?
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics from a recognized university.
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience.
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- A can do attitude with able to learn new technologies on the go.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven ability to develop quality standards, testing procedures, inspection reporting formats, and ability to conceptualize tasks and accomplish them.
- Good knowledge of Algorithm optimization and Data-Structures.
- Experience in programming languages such as Python, C++, and Scala.
- Knowledge of Different cloud vendors GCP, AWS.
- Able to build Production machine learning pipelines and write production code.
- Able to deploy machine learning and deep-learning models using Dockers, Kubernetes and server-less computing.
- Able to understand basic Applied Math and Bayesian-Statistics
- Machine learning, Deep Learning algorithm (Classification, clustering, association rules etc.) and their applications.
- Strong understanding of NoSQL Databases.
- Knowledge visualization tools like D3js, ggplot, HighCharts.
- Knowledge of web-frameworks like VueJS.
- State of the art machine learning & deep learning tools.
- Knowledge of frameworks like Flask, Django.
- Apache Spark, Sklearn, keras, Pytorch.