Kuda is a full-service, digital-only bank with a mission to make banking more accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet.
Founded in 2019, Kuda has offices in London and Lagos, Nigeria - where it operates as Kuda Microfinance Bank under license from the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The bank provides full banking services through its suite of apps for Android phones, iPhones and the web, allowing everyday Nigerians with internet access to operate a spending account, access instant credit, save money automatically and earn annual interest without the burden of traditional bank charges such as card maintenance fees, account maintenance fees and excessive transfer fees.
Kuda also provides its customers with free debit cards which it delivers across Nigeria at no extra cost.
We are looking for a database administrator who will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end users. The database admin will focus on the performance, integrity and security of the database.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers
- Develop processes for optimising database security
- Set and maintain database standards
- Manage database access
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Create and manage database reports, visualisations, and dashboards
- Create automation for repeating database tasks
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Be available for on-call support as needed
- Have at least 2 years experience working as a database administrator
- Have extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Have hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Have excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Are familiar with database design, documentation and coding
- Are familiar with programming languages API
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
- Have a strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Have advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Pay impeccable attention to detail