This role lies primarily in the Human Resource division of our business
In this role you will be deployed in various divisions within Sandvik, this will provide you with the theoretical and practical experience as an Engineer. You will increase your competencies and skills through the support of senior staff.
Your program will cover two key areas which are detailed as below
Where you’ll have opportunity to work as part of the production workshop team and service contract teams in the with an objective of developing Product Knowledge, Product Application & On-site exposure to a variety of our customers,
You will be exposed to various systems and processes employed in the delivery of our products and services to our customers.
During this time, you will also be exposed to the mining environment and competencies,
You will gain operational & technical competency and experience of our key products with a view of developing a product demonstrations experience.
You will be involved in various new product and optimization projects with some of our skilled training practitioners.
Human Resource Development Exposure:
You will gain experience in the following
Conducting skills audits on the various divisions of the business.
Facilitating product training and demonstrations, compliance, and corporate training.
Conducting Assessments & Moderation.
Performance Needs and Gap Analysis Projects Preparation of WSP (Workplace skills Planning) and Submissions Preparations and submission of ATR (Annual Training Report).
Training Program Development and Implementation.
Management of Engineering and Related Learning Programs (i.e., Apprenticeship, Learnerships and Internships) Programs) Management of Learnerships
The primary clients for the role is the business divisions of the organization, so in carrying out of the responsibilities the incumbent will gain understanding on the functioning of the business and hence experience in applying the following:
Business Needs analysis
Key performance areas
- Implements and evaluates employee development plans and programs to support organizational needs, such as management development, talent management, succession planning, management of high potentials, learning programs and competence development.
- Analyze the development needs of employees to provide programs that enhance their know-how, skills, and performance.
- Resource and deliver development programs, or recommend externally provided programs, which meet the needs of individuals and are consistent with the organization’s overall need.
- Counsel employees about the organization's development programs and policies and arrange for them to participate in internal and external training so the organization’s training resources are allocated effectively.
- Maintain and analyze organization and individual records to monitor the effectiveness of internal and external development programs.
- Keep up to date on developments and innovations in the competence development industry so that the organization’s development activities remain current and relevant.
- Making recommendations for improving service reliability and performance of equipment.
- Gathering and recording machine information at regular intervals to monitor performance.
- Escalating solving technical problems by seeking timely advice or assistance from technical support when necessary.
- Develop sales opportunities for Sandvik product lines within the defined territory or set of customers
- Define Sandvik offering using standard specification sheet
- Work as part of production and services management team
- Handling customers in a professional manner during difficult high-pressure situations.
- Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering
- PG Diploma in HRD /ODET Diploma will be an advantage
- Mining, Management and Technical background
- Passion for Developing people
- Extroverted and outgoing personality
- Training Facilitation Background will be an advantage
- High Level Critical &, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving ability
- Digital Skills Literacy, (Microsoft Office, Power Bi) will be advantageous
- Passion for technology
- Project Management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Medical Fit for Underground Mining Environment