Are you craving the challenge of building complex systems? Really smart systems where performance and speed are essential without sacrificing the working environment?If this appeals to you, join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform Public Safety.The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
- Provide the vision and direction of the Technical Road map
- Understand and adopt the Architecture Vision from the CTO & Director of Innovation
- Assist VP Engineering with creating, maintaining and publishing Architecture Strategy and Architecture Decision Guidelines
- Attend all your team’s Sprint Planning sessions
- Sprint Planning 1
- Sprint Planning 2
- Provide team with technical guidance in accordance with architectural strategy
- Knowledge sharing with Agility Team
- Understand all of the components and features that your teams are accountable for
- Working closely with other development managers to make sure that we are not “re-inventing the wheel” in other teams (This includes Architecture, Agility, Infrastructure, Security and QA)
- Keeping track of “re-factoring” effort and log why it was required across you areas of responsibilities.
- Try to attend the morning Support Standup as often as possible to help route tickets
- Making sure that all the Teams are following the Release Process as defined by the QA Manager
- Assist the Product Team in T-Shirt sizing of new feature requests (only to assist in validation of feature request)
- Making sure that all Teams are following the Software Engineering Ways of Work (Definition of Ready, Definition of Done, Scrum, Standards)
- Documenting processes and own the Software Engineering Handbook
- First point of call for Support Query Escalations
- First point of call for internal product delivery queries
- Find ways to make work visible (planned, unplanned, changes and risk)
What this role is not:
- I use Azure DevOps to perform my function, I am not the Administrator.
- I am responsible for publishing the Engineering SDLC but am not solely accountable for all the content. This is a combined effort with the Engineering Managers.
- I am an expert in our delivery process, not in:
- Engineering tooling
- Actual code being written
- I create visibility throughout all the delivery phases, I am not the Release Manager.
- At least 8 years development experience with supporting your code in Production
- 4+ years overall management experience
- 3 years’ experience in an agile development team with a proven track record of managing multiple teams and team leaders in a medium to large engineering organization.
- Preferably from a .Net background or have managed .Net Developers
- Have written production code in the last year
- Have a solid understanding of Project Management
- Work closely with the Product and Sales teams
- I understand that RapidDeploy is a business and we are all here to move the business forward
- I have various tools in my toolbox and know that scrum is not the only way to deliver working software
- I will use the right tool for the job
- I am accountable for my direct reports and the functions they perform
- I have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- I am self-motivated
- I am a team player
- I have an unwavering attention to detail
- Understand the RapidDeploy way of working
- Step up to their roles with a proactive mindset
- Consciously build their leadership, management, relational and EQ skills
- Have a leadership and loyalty mindset and look to contribute in the organisation beyond their teams
- Consider communication, collaboration, and psychological safety of paramount importance
- Quite simply know how to “be lekker” – which is the RapidDeploy way
- I show initiative: I think about solutions first, have a rationale, ask for the info that I need in order to make a well-considered decision.
- I take ownership: I am fully accountable for my decisions and I understand and appreciate their impact; I am responsible for my experience of being part of RapidDeploy as I have a voice and I ask for what I need;
- I am an agent of change: in this fast-paced environment I embrace change and move with it rather than against it
- I make sure all the basics are done before I do anything else: boxes ticked, processes followed and documented
- I take pride in my work: stability and quality is of paramount importance; I apply my best thinking always and I'm proud to publish my name alongside my work
- I care deeply about what I do: I treat my work as if this business is my own.
- I am a team player: my own goals and heroics are not as important as the team being in sync
- I communicate excellently: hyper responsive, calm, respectful and considered
About RapidDeploy Inc.• Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!• We are people-centric and ensure an environment where employees are encouraged to grow and learn every day• Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
Note: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.If you don’t receive feedback from us within two (2) weeks of receiving your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.