Freelance Python Software Engineer (1 month, flexible working hours, 80%-100%) – starting immediately
Are you looking for a way to effectively help survivors of domestic violence? And/Or are you looking to be part of cutting-edge technologies used for good?
This is your chance! We are looking for a Python Software Engineer to join our team immediately for the next month to launch our second prototype of our chatbot “Sophia”.
Kona Connect is a young value-driven NGO that connects human rights and tech to empower individuals in need through practical technologies. Our team is currently developing the world's first messaging-chatbot to help survivors of domestic violence gather potential evidence and seek help. You can find more information here: www.kona-connect.org
At Kona we strive to empower others, remain curious, ensure inclusiveness, practice integrity, impact, and compassion in our interactions. Make time for fun while fighting to make our world a better place. Read more about our value here.
- Extensive experience with Python, FastAPI, and working with restful APIs and predefined models from external SDKs.
- Experience with modules within Python, both as handling external dependencies and developing them locally
- Technical understanding of the request/response model within the web
- Comfortable working in Git and following the git-flow methodology
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ideally experience with SQLite and Python
- Comfortable with ORMs
- Experience with webhooks
- Experience with deployment and configuration of a testing and deployment pipeline (currently using Docker and Github Actions).
- Some knowledge of Cloud computing is nice to have but not essential.
- You have a self-starting work ethic.
About the role:
- Flexible working hours.
- You’ll be working with Zendesk’s Sunshine Conversations to implement a chatbot backend for handling conversations from various users, implementing and making technical decisions about:
- User management across multiple platforms/apps (in terms of identification and retrieving existing data)
- Securely storing and retrieving user provided content
- Responding to webhook events and ensuring event handling is not duplicated
- You’ll be collaborating with a multicultural, fast-paced start-up team of volunteers spread across the globe.
Why you should join us:
- Support us launching the world’s first messaging-chatbot for survivors of domestic violence and make a direct contribution to their global protection.
- Actively help shape the future of a young tech NGO with a vision to empower people in vulnerable situations through innovative technologies.
- Be part of a multinational and highly motivated team.
One month freelance contract. Salary to be discussed based on experience.
We need someone to start immediately, therefore we tale applications on a rolling basis.
Please send us your CV and a short paragraph on why you are a good fit, with either:
- A Github/Lab profile;
- Examples of relevant previous work (either as a repository or live websites);