About the role
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. The position will also double up as the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features across mobile VAS (SMS, USSD, WhatsApp), web, and mobile web apps
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that the company’s applications render well across multiple devices
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Design a framework for creating user apps that grow with the needs of the company
- Review app and feature coding and plan future upgrades with the development team
- Assist in the development of applications and features that will be put on the apps and in internal functions as well
- Follow emerging technologies and adapt them to the current technology stack
- 5 + years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Vast knowledge for frontend software programming languages specifically Angular
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS, SASS, and SCSS.
- Experience building production mobile VAS (SMS, USSD, WhatsApp), web, and mobile web apps.
- Ability to write, and an appreciation for the importance of, semantic, well-structured code.
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities.
Why TopUp Mama
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 12-months ago and we are already serving thousands of restaurants monthly. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! TopUp Mama may be the perfect place for you. But TopUp Mama is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get the job done
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not be the best place for you.
TopUp Mama is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.