We transform consumer goods distribution in Africa to make it more efficient, transparent and responsible from a social and environmental perspective. Our SaaS platform connects the different actors of the ecosystem, brands, distributors, sales men and retailers. By allowing the information flow to circulate in real time, it contributes to improving the operational productivity and the visibility on commercial performance. Our solution relies on an Android application and a web interface.
The company is 5 years old, currently deployed in over 20 countries in Africa, both for local manufacturers and large international brands such as Danone, Nestlé, Orange, Vodacom, etc. We are based in various locations: Nairobi (Kenya), Dakar (Senegal), Grenoble, Paris and Nantes (France).
Get to know us:
Software Engineering @Optimetriks
Tech Stack: https://stackshare.io/optimetriks/engineering
The team is currently small and agile. We make sure that everybody can work on projects that gets their interest, even if it requires training to jump on the subject.
We have well-defined process and methodology, based on the Agile Framework, to ensure that requirements are realistic and that deadlines can reasonably be met.
About the role
- You will lead our efforts in the maintenance and development of our web application, used for both doing the customization per client of the solution, and follow in real time the results through our in-app BI visualization tool.
- You will meet clients to understand more closely their needs.
- You will make decisions on the tech stack we are using and work closely with the rest of the team in order to constantly improve our tools and apps.
- You will potentially mentor some young and promising local techs.
- You will have to maintain a clean, tested and documented code, following the best standards.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (Jest - Enzyme)
- Experience with Project configuration and Continuous Integration (npm, yarn, docker, yaml file...)
- Experience building apps with ReactJS and Redux
- A good grasp of UI/UX design practices and their implementation with common frameworks (Bootstrap, Sass,...)
- You are open-minded with nothing is impossible attitude; you value punctuality and enjoy working in a team
- You are a good communicator and enjoy discussing your work with different stakeholders
What we offer
- A lively and interesting working and human experience in a dynamic environment
- The opportunity to be in close contacts with the rest of the team, the users and clients
- Growth potential as the company develops
- A remote-oriented approach of working, while keeping a strong unit and team spirit (team buildings, agile management, daily / weekly meetings, remote workshops…)
- A great working atmosphere at impact hub (rooftop in the sea side, swimming pool, tech events, meetups)
- A devoted and highly motivated international team