We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for someone deeply analytical and curious who is excited to roll-up their sleeves and accelerate our growth across all the countries where we work.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Accelerating Wave’s growth across all the countries where we operate
- Optimising our growth strategies through a deep and analytical understanding of our business
- Managing growth experiments in rapid iteration cycles, whereby you gather more feedback and reach more people.
- Building data models and analysing operational data in order to draw conclusions that drive sustainable scaling up of operations
- Working from first principles to understand blockers to our growth and prioritising the biggest opportunities for enabling Wave’s growth and impact.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have led a growth team or are a former founder for a B2C product
- Are obsessively metric driven and have demonstrated experience accelerating the growth trajectory of products
- Have strong SQL / analytical skills and able to draw actionable recommendations from large datasets.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems and embrace failure as a means to improving the business as yourself.
- Are great at coordinating across teams and excel at communicating across multiple countries and cultures.
- Demonstrate experience in problem-solving through generating a hypothesis, gathering data to answer it, and iterating on learning.
- Are excited about working closely with our teams in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire and other new countries. You enjoy talking to people and solving problems and don't mind spending time in busy marketplaces.
- Bonus points if you:
- Have experience leading growth for B2C product in Africa
- Have previously worked in French
- Location: You can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -8 and +4) with reliable Internet access. Would expect 30% travel once it is safe to do so.Salary: Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula. For this role, we are offering a salary range of $96,000-$145,000 depending on past work experience, plus equity.
- Location: You can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -8 and +4) with reliable Internet access. Would expect 30% travel once it is safe to do so.
- Salary: Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula. For this role, we are offering a salary range of $96,000-$145,000 depending on past work experience, plus equity.
- Major benefits:Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country-to-country)26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistanceUnlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirementWave will cover all costs associated with travel to and from Senegal$10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- Wave will cover all costs associated with travel to and from Senegal
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- We're a team of 300+ Senegalese, 100+ Ivorian and 60+ remote people who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.