Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Work embedded as a member of squad OR; across multiple squads to produce, test, document and review algorithms & data specific source code that supports the deployment & optimisation of data retrieval, processing, storage and distribution for a business area.
RTF IT provides IT expertise to our customers. We enhance and support the Group’s Regulatory Reporting framework providing toolsets for data, reporting and front-end portal capabilities to enhance Business Intelligence across the RTF businesses. RTF is the technology partner supporting Credit Risk, Treasury, Finance, Regulatory Reporting, Data and Business Intelligence. We handle the consumption of the Bank’s data for calculation of risk metrics and making the outputs available to business and regulators. Our task is the successful delivery of innovative solutions that enable business efficiency
Education and experience required for the Hadoop Product Engineer role:
- Relevant B-Degree in Computer Science OR; equivalent level of industry certification in Technical field (Hadoop Certificate)
- 3 + years’ experience working in Big data environment (advantageous for all, a must for high volume environments) – optimising and building big data pipelines, architectures and data sets with e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Hadoop, Apache Spark and Kafka
- 3 + years’ experience with designing and building, BI systems and complex data eco systems
- Cross domain knowledge
- Hadoop experience
- Scala experience and oozie knowledge
- Experience as an agile practitioner and knowledge or experience of other delivery methodologies e.g. Kanban, RUP etc.
- Excellent communication, analytical skills and decision making ability in collaborative environments
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and ability to properly apply general design patterns and paradigms
- Experience with test-driven development and domain driven design
- Solid understanding of messaging protocols and web services like and REST
- Experience with open-source relational and NoSQL databases
- Advanced knowledge of SQL e.g. query authoring
- Knowledge of systems such as Windows, Linux etc
- Knowledge of application server containers: Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, NodeJS, IIS, .Net Core etc.
- Good understanding of frameworks and libraries like, jQuery, TypeScript, HTML, CSS
- Experience with CI / CD tools (like Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS, ) and Artifact Management (preferably Nexus), Experience with Cloud platforms e.g. AWS & Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to create and maintain sophisticated CI / CD pipelines
- Strong understanding of version control and related concepts and techniques, particularly Git
- Experience with appropriate unit testing framework(s)
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with stubbing tools like wiremock and/or hoverfly
- Familiar with OAuth, Open Connect ID and SAML, preferably with an understanding of AD / LDAP / Kerberos
- Familiar with Containerisation technologies like Docker & or orchestrators like Kubernetes
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology