About the role:
As Head Engineer at ZUMI, you will have the opportunity to develop and oversee the roadmap for their front-end platforms. Leading engineering at an early stage startup demands a multi talented individual who can skillfully balance hands-on projects with strategic thinking.
1. Leading the software architecture for ZUMI:
- Design and implement a software architecture that supports the product roadmap, long term vision and scales as the business grows
- Own the ZUMI tech stack
- Ensure compatibility with third-party software, always ensuring its scalability
- Always be on the lookout for new technologies and frameworks
2. Lead developer
- Develop and test applications
- Integrate with APIs, as needed, for payments and ERP
- Ensure proper documentation
- Manage any third-party services used in the application
- Select the development toolkit
- Plan software releases, managing tags and versions.
- Carry out safe and downtime-proof software releases
4. Team Lead
- Build an agile development culture up-to-date with coding methodologies and best practices; be the in-house guru of dev
- Supervise hiring of junior developers (founders will help in the sourcing and conducting of interviews)
- Lead the internal team of developers to progress and maintain ZUMI’s applications and API’s.
- Manage internal workflow, be accountable for project timelines
- Conduct code reviews
- Manage technical risk
Does this sound like you?
- 4+ years experience as a Software Engineer and a track record with open source technologies.
- Some backend experience and familiarity with Python.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS/NoSQL like MySQL, Mongo is required
- Experience with cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Experience leading a team in Agile and scrum methodology.
Good to have:
- Management experience leading teams of two or more, preferably at an e-commerce or fintech company.
- Experience working in a global team.
- Leadership aptitude - great attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Business intuition - Have a strong product vision.
- Being familiar with and able to operate in the environment of an early-stage startup.
- Strategic thinker - You understands the scaled-up B2B business that this technology is built to support
- Empathy for users - Everything we are building comes from the user feedback. Our mission is to bring the best solution possible to our users.