Posted on April 6th, 2021 | Last day left to apply | 66 views
About the role:
As Head Engineer at ZUMI, you will have the opportunity to develop and oversee the roadmap for their front-end platforms. Leading engineering at an early stage startup demands a multi talented individual who can skillfully balance hands-on projects with strategic thinking.
1. Leading the software architecture for ZUMI:
- Design and implement a software architecture that supports the product roadmap, long term vision and scales as the business grows
- Own the ZUMI tech stack
- Ensure compatibility with third-party software, always ensuring its scalability
- Always be on the lookout for new technologies and frameworks
2. Lead developer
- Develop and test applications
- Integrate with APIs, as needed, for payments and ERP
- Ensure proper documentation
- Manage any third-party services used in the application
- Select the development toolkit
- Plan software releases, managing tags and versions.
- Carry out safe and downtime-proof software releases
4. Team Lead
- Build an agile development culture up-to-date with coding methodologies and best practices; be the in-house guru of dev
- Supervise hiring of junior developers (founders will help in the sourcing and conducting of interviews)
- Lead the internal team of developers to progress and maintain ZUMI’s applications and API’s.
- Manage internal workflow, be accountable for project timelines
- Conduct code reviews
- Manage technical risk
Does this sound like you?
- 4+ years experience as a Software Engineer and a track record with open source technologies.
- Some backend experience and familiarity with Python.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS/NoSQL like MySQL, Mongo is required
- Experience with cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Experience leading a team in Agile and scrum methodology.
Good to have:
- Management experience leading teams of two or more, preferably at an e-commerce or fintech company.
- Experience working in a global team.
- Leadership aptitude - great attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Business intuition - Have a strong product vision.
- Being familiar with and able to operate in the environment of an early-stage startup.
- Strategic thinker - You understands the scaled-up B2B business that this technology is built to support
- Empathy for users - Everything we are building comes from the user feedback. Our mission is to bring the best solution possible to our users.
Step 1: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role.
Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves an online screening of your candidature by our partner, Shortlist.
Please continue to complete the application on the link below:
The screening process includes a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate our ability to do the job.
Shortlist will update you on whether or not you're shortlisted.