About the job
We’re looking for a highly motivated Head of Sales who wants to join an international start-up and take on the challenge of their life! Our vision is to build the world’s best company, therefore we need to build the world’s best team.
Capiter is a b2b marketplace that brings together FMCGs, Wholesalers and merchants to the same platform, enabling merchants to order their products through the e-commerce platform and receive credit on their purchases. As of today it’s serving +20k merchants and +150 FMCGs and wholesalers.The focus is to create value for merchants and improve their income.
We are a versatile team of close to 100 problem solvers who love making the impossible possible. We strive for a diverse and entrepreneurial company culture with people who are curious and want to be the best at what they do.
We are backed by top tier VC’s such as Shrooq Partners, MSA and some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the Middle East.
To formulate Sales strategies to:
(a) drive top line growth in domestic as well as export market and prepare innovative plans to achieve higher value realization
(b) for brand management, evaluation and market promotion strategies, for various existing / new products.
- Develop sales plans, strategies and policies with a view to increase/sustain market share and profitability.
- Have effective implementation and monitoring mechanisms to ensure achievement of the Sales plans and strategies.
- Formulate policies and guidelines for smooth functioning and satisfaction of channel partners like dealers, & distributors.
- Scan the environment to understand competitor's activities, demand supply scenario, regulatory issues to formulate strategies for increasing market share.
- Ensure an increased market share and profitability by facilitating market development, brand management and business development. Focus on business development through domestic and building the brand of the company in the domestic market
- Continuously monitor the pricing patterns within the market, checking the prices for the desired products regularly with respect to their competitiveness and value as perceived by the customers, deciding upon pricing from time to time on a need basis to ensure the products are sold with highest recoveries possible
- Initiate market intelligence system to provide monthly information to Top Management on potential data, competitors- activities, new product opportunities and other changes in the environment.
- Evolve policies for establishing a robust field force monitoring and people management, relationship management system in order to increase field force satisfaction and portfolio growth.
- Managing the complete sales cycle from business development and customer acquisition to receipt of payments.
- Meeting sales targets & objectives.
- Market share growth - Strengthening & expanding distribution network.
- Identification & development of new markets/channels.
- Implementation of initiatives and Sales & Marketing strategies, Retail, wholesale, Key AccountsChannels and their sub-channels.
- Establish CRM tools and systems.
- Relationship building & Customer Satisfaction with key accounts, Retailers…etc
- Cost Optimization in retail operations.
- Development of a market intelligence/ information system.
- Training, development & monitoring of sales & distribution personnel.
- Meeting the agreed sales cost percentage
- 10-15 Years of experience in FMCG Sales
- Must have done a National Role or experience in 2+ Regions as an RSM
- Must have proven track record of people management skills
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and have entrepreneurial zeal
- Should be adept at strategy and strong execution skills
- Someone who is motivated to work in start up environment
- Knows what to tackle when
- Set priorities based on Capiter’s strategy
What you can expect from us:
● Learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs that will give you insights to all relevant aspects of building a company.
● Work in a flat, modern organisation with no bureaucracy where trust is the most important trait
● Explore and learn from new cultures that are most likely very different from what you’re used to.
● Work in a fast-paced company where time between decision to action is minimal.
● The opportunity to build a b2b marketplace in retail space , a global business, meaningful network and experience.