Have you always wanted to join a fast-growing, Silicon Valley-backed start-up that is taking off? Do you care about making a difference in the lives of Africans? Then Redbird is the opportunity for you. We’re creating the future of healthcare with an international team, US and African venture funding, and tons of momentum. Headquartered in Accra, we are a digital health start-up on a mission to make healthcare much more convenient and to give anyone the ability to manage their health without waiting all day in a hospital queue. By driving the development of Redbird’s technology, you will have the opportunity to directly impact healthcare in Africa. Like taking initiative, moving quickly, and learning new skills? Great!
You’re going to love this position if:
• You dream of being early on at a company trying to change the world
• You believe the only work worth doing should be challenging, fun, and beneficial to society all at once
• You get frustrated with the current state of healthcare
• You are motivated to implement well designed, interactive, and scalable user interfaces
• You are comfortable implementing both front-end and back-end technologies
• You have a consistent drive to do things better
• You get annoyed when you see things that could be automated but aren’t
• You can execute on your own to get a job done, but also know that we go farthest when we work together
Plan technology roadmap with founding team (CEO, COO, & CTO)
- Provide input on tools/technologies that fit with Redbird’s vision – in some cases decide which ones to use
- Help build a high-functioning engineering team
- Define a vision for incorporating machine learning tools into the insights Redbird can provide
Execute on technology roadmap
- Take on ownership and development responsibilities for both Redbird’s front and back end code base
- Help craft a high-quality development operations infrastructure
- Manage delivery of key projects on time and with quality
- Build out Dev-Ops and hosting infrastructure as needed to support Redbird’s growth
• 5+ years industry experience in software engineering
• 3+ years industry experience with cloud-based, web and mobile-app architecture
• Professional experience building application back-ends with Python/Django
• Dev-Ops experience with AWS, Docker deployments, and Jenkins as a CI/CD tool
• Leading development sprints and delivering projects
Redbird is an African/US digital health start-up dedicated to making healthcare more convenient. Founded in 2018, we're already in over 250 pharmacies and have investors from South Africa to Silicon Valley. We've been featured on CNBC Africa, CitiFM, and Disrupt Africa, and we were chosen as one of the top 50 African startups to watch in 2019 by Digest Africa.
Redbird is also a Founders Factory Africa and Alchemist Accelerator company (only the 2nd African company to be accepted into Alchemist). But more importantly, we're a team of 13 passionate individuals who believe that people shouldn't have to wait to check up on their health. If you are someone who likes to tackle interesting problems and dreams of being able to say, "I joined when we were just..." then please get in touch!
Redbird is a remote-friendly company so if you meet our requirements, are excited to join our fast-moving team, but are not based in Accra – we still want to hear from you!
• We have just secured a partnership with a lead investor for our seed round and we will offer an extremely competitive salary for the role we expect you to play in our push for our Series A funding
• Direct support from the highest levels of the company
• Health Insurance