Position: HR Generalist
Location: USA or Dakar
Report to: VP HR Operations
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
As an important member of the Peoples Operation Team, the HR Generalist will manage several parts of HR, such as Payroll management, the onboarding process for new myAgro employees, and oversee the administration of myAgro benefits for Global staff members.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Staff Contract Management and Administration: Prepare and manage contracts of global staff, follow up on confirmation letters and probation periods for all global staff.
- Benefits Administration: Manage all health benefits functions – enrollment, terminations, policy changes, rate negotiation, POC, and COBRA.
- Onboarding and Offboarding: Pre-arrival logistics, virtual orientation and exit interviews.
- Policy and Procedure: Maintain HR database, organization charts, employee handbook. Design and implement HR procedures that are thoughtful and fair for our multicultural and multi-country team.
- Employee Engagement: Work with the People Operations team on special projects to define myAgro's organizational culture to provide an exceptional employee experience.
- Payroll: Assist Finance with monthly payroll review, track reimbursements and run payroll wires, correct and modify discrepancies.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Advise managers about implementation of such regulations.
- Ad Hoc Projects: Perform a variety of other support tasks to support VP POP and manage daily responsibilities.
- Preferably a bachelor degree in Human Resource management
- 2 or more years as an HR professional
- Experience with payroll, contracts and benefit management
- Experience using cloud based programs (Microsoft, Google suites)
- An eye for implementing process improvements
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Good communication skills and ability to work across cultures and countries
- Professional and able to maintain tact and confidentiality
- Good knowledge of English and French is required
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!