Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya. Our mission is to increase restaurants’ contribution to Africa’s GDP. We do this by enabling small and medium restaurants through access to affordable goods and financial services.
The People Operations Manager will work closely with our company leadership to manage candidate sourcing, interviewing, and employment processes. To be successful in this role, you should have an HR academic background and experience screening and evaluating candidates. Candidates should also be knowledgeable about labor legislation. The ideal candidate is a team leader who is able to make effective decisions quickly
What You Will Do
- Recruitment. Design recruitment procedures and meet time-to-fill targets. You will be recruiting 5-10 roles per month, both senior roles and operational capacity
- Employee engagement. Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Employee processes and management. Develop and implement solid onboarding & offboarding processes, and use HR tools to strengthen employee management
- Compliance. Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Strategy. Develop and implement HR strategies, policies, and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
What you need
- Proven working experience as a Recruitment Manager or other HR Manager in Kenya
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of Kenyan labor law
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience managing recruitment in a fast-growth environment is a plus