You will be working alongside a great, approachable team, developing projects from concept to deployed product.
Your focus will be writing quality software using standard object-orientated and SOLID development principles.
You will assist with testing, peer-reviewing & documentation, as well as setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines to deliver projects to production.
You will assist with architectural planning and implementation, as well as ensuring adherence to GK standards and practices, while being an example of those best practices.
- Minimum 3 years working experience (Java API development focused).
- BSc Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
- Practical experience with Spring/Spring Boot and JPA/Hibernate.
- Practical experience with infrastructure components: Application Servers, Web Servers, RDBMS.
- Practical experience of software engineering methodologies.
- Experienced in writing testable code.
- Participated in full SDLC with a demonstrated knowledge of analysis and design in translating business requirements to software solutions.
- Practical experience with any of the following technologies are highly advantageous:Spring BootApache/NginxJenkins/BambooDocker/Kubernetes
- Spring Boot
- Excellent understanding of core Java, Web technologies and REST API standards.
- Good understanding of the networking and common protocols.
- Good knowledge of multi-threading, data structures, OOD, Design Patterns and Web services.
- Good awareness of application performance impacts and security risks.
- Able to follow and improve coding standards.
- Able to identify problem areas, bad practices, impractical solutions and raise issues with the team early.
- Advanced computer literacy essential.
- Able to create, and has practical experience, with testing, CI/CD frameworks and techniques.
- Willingness to mentor Junior Java Developers.