We’re looking for an experienced mobile developer to join the Yoco team to lead the charge in building out our native mobile payment capabilities.
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Build, maintain and release our React Native (iOS and Android) applications as well as our React web portal.
- Assist in providing a platform for other teams to contribute into our app, as well as contributing to the technical direction of our mobile and web assets.
- Being a highly technical, hands-on and effective lead for a team of 3 - 5 engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Working with our Product Managers as well as our design and UX minds to ensure that we deliver continuous business value to our growing base of customers.
- Doing the hard and complicated to make it easier and simple.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- Strong React skills with experience building complex apps in React
- React Native experience is preferred but not absolutely required
- Experience in state management in large apps (e.g. Redux or other state management strategies)
- 8+ years as a professional Software Engineer.
- You can deliver stable yet flexible software that allows us to iterate quickly in order to deliver features.
- You build re-usable solutions that others can use to avoid re-inventing the wheel every time.
- A clear, real passion for software engineering.
- Strong ability to work independently while still being collaborative and inclusive.
- Feeling a sense of excitement when offering input and contributing to the broader product discussion.
- Proven ability in taking a feature or product all the way from conception to completion and release.
- You enjoy providing technical direction and mentoring to other developers.
- You feel empowered by learning and teaching new things and using modern technology.
- You are excellent at solving complicated problems, understanding real-world issues and delivering high-performance software.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Native mobile development experience (iOS and/or Android)
- Backend development experience, or API design experience.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is highly encouraged.
- Experience leading teams, designing and architecting products, working with customers
- Experience in the payments industry.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.Core Values -Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles -How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!Please note… Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.