Who we are
The world is changing at an exponential rate and current education systems are not keeping up. At iX, we believe that in the next century, learning won’t just be concentrated on youth, but interwoven throughout a person’s life as they transition across careers and life priorities.Our mission is to build transformational learning experiences that close this gap and give our students the best possible life.iX's vision is to build a lifelong learning brand with a range of future-focused programs and services. Our current focus is on creating career development programs for high schoolers, university students, professionals, and executives, and partnering with institutions to transform how the world prepares students for the future of work.
Why work for us
We are looking to make a positive impact on students' lives by providing them with education for the future. Our company is based on 3 pillars:
Dream Why are you here? What do you want to experience? How do you want to contribute to others? These are the questions that guide the journeys of our students and the core team.
Evolve We challenge our team to be disciplined learners who continually evolve, step by step, day by day. At iX, it's OK to make mistakes—it's not OK to not learn from them.
Connect We believe what makes work ultimately rewarding are the people you share your time with. As a team, we dine, hike, surf, hit the gym, and travel the world together.Your role as part of the iX Team
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to help us build our brand and market our education programs and products to university students.
You’ll be responsible for building and managing marketing programs that build our pipelines to acquire new customers as well as support & excite our existing customers. Leveraging an integrated approach of both online and offline marketing channels, and hiring in and managing a team of outsourced talent, you’ll launch campaigns while maintaining a consistent brand narrative for iXperience.
You’ll need an eye for quality and attention to detail, along with an ability to grasp and present our products’ value proposition in a way that resonates with our audience and takes the iXperience brand to the next level.
As part of the Marketing team, you’ll report directly to the VP of Marketing.
More specifically, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the VP of Marketing to build and manage the operations of an outsourced creative team.
- Working with the marketing team to conceptualize and deploy new campaigns to meet business objectives.
- Managing all aspects of your campaigns for the channels you support to ensure operational excellence, impressive deliverable quality, and adequate stakeholder management. Evaluate key performance metrics and find opportunities for further optimization.
- Being a key owner of the consumer journey by developing new content and ways to distribute it through both media and owned channels.
- Identifying opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness through better audience segmentation, marketing techniques, and processes
- Implementing positioning and messaging that resonates with our target audiences.
- Authoring and deliver creative briefs grounded in insights and incorporating input from relevant teams.
- Developing best-in-class execution ideas to bring the creative idea to life through partnerships, social strategy, events, and more.
- Becoming an expert on iXperience’s brand, products, and target customers.
- Organizing all marketing assets in existence, and as new assets are generated, in a way that is easily accessible. Educate the company on how to use the asset management system.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of generalist marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- You are energized by being exceptionally creative and organized. You love coming up with ideas and making them happen.
- Experience in managing integrated, multi-channel, consumer marketing programs and have worked closely with in-house creative partners as well as creative & paid media agencies.
- Track record of amazing customer experiences that deliver results.
- Self-starter with a collaborative mindset and a passion for bringing a story to life across contexts and functional channels (eg, experiential, advertising, press).
- Strong attention to detail and comfortable handling multiple ongoing programs with varying priorities, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Ability to understand data, derive impactful insights, and bring clarity to opportunities.
- Excellent communicator (both verbally & written).
- Familiarity with creating clear KPIs and measuring the success of campaigns through the funnel.
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams, including sales, education, innovation, people, and other teams.
- Nice to have, but not required: you love education.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our programs say great things about us.
- We have a hybrid working model, meaning we have an office but welcome remote flexibility. We have been remote for a little over a year now, and our team is well-accustomed. You decide what works best for you and your future team.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by prolific names in the South African investing world – read more about our investment here and vision here.
Why you might not be excited about us:
- We are a young company with about 30 people and growing fast, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're a rapidly growing startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- iXperience is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.