What we are looking for:
- 3+ years hands-on people operations experience
- The equivalent level of critical thinking, knowledge of HR theories and best practice with analytical abilities must be demonstrated through relevant work experience.
- Proven HRIS experience and able to demonstrate ability to work with data
- Ability to use digital tools to support the people operations function
- Solid communication skills preferably gained in Customer Service/Support position.
- Recruiting experience is a most; having an understanding of diversity hiring
- Excellent coordination and event management skills
- Influencing skills across many cultures and at all levels
- Proven ability to juggle a high volume of concurrent activities and work to deadlines and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Great presentation skills
Nice to have
- Experience in a tech startup environment
- Experience working to support a virtual/distributed team
About the role
The People & Culture Associate will be required to provide support across the different people operations touch points and will have the primary objective of understanding and implementing the P&C processes. You will be focusing on the operational side of P&C, directly supporting employees and leads to provide solutions to Talent Acquisition, employee engagement and people operations.
You will play a significant part in creating an enabling workplace where our people can thrive whilst sharing their awesomeness (ideas, work, and perspective) without inhibition.
To be successful in this role, you have to understand people and business needs in relation to the tech ecosystem and the future of work. You are able to work effectively with limited supervision (often remotely) as well as demonstrating excellence and ‘know how’ in P&C related theories, best practice and exposure to change management/culture.
Though the direction comes from your manager, you will find this role fulfilling if you have an engaging personality, are very creative, always coming up with novel ideas and not afraid of exploring different ways of execution. It's definitely not just a sit behind a laptop kind of role!
Our culture is not cliche, we put people-first, dream wild and make magic every step of the way. Why wouldn’t you join us
What you will be doing
- Support the execution of people operations initiatives-consistently implementing all internal process, using internal tools
- Lead the end-to-end recruitment process; onboarding experience for new hires, in partnership with relevant stakeholders
- Manage all people data via the HRIS for accuracy and timely reporting
- Oversee vendor/partner relationships and SLAs to optimize operational effectiveness and employee experience
- Liaise with regulatory bodies to ensure statutory remittances/compliance
- Assist in the coordination of all engagement and wellness activities
- Organize internal and external events
- Build successful collaboration with all stakeholders and other departments within the company
- Represent AltSchool at Job fairs, conferences and related events
- Being an ambassador of our amazing culture