If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world then this is the place for you.
If you have a desire to work in an organisation that is:
- Passionate about its people
- Focused on delivering the very best tech to our customers
- Offering the flexibility to work how and where you are most successful
- Obsessed with our customer’s success
- The leading SaaS platform to automate partnerships - affiliate, influencer, technology partners, and more!
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a culture that rewards collaboration and curiosity
- Obsessed with making a difference in business and to the wider community
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation, working with innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage their online affiliate, influencer, brand to brand, and content partnerships. The Impact Partnership Cloud covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia so there is plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement.
Your Role at Impact:
Exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer to join the market leader in Partnership Automation in a player-coach capacity.
You will join our Agile/Scrum team and will be expected to mentor & lead team members when required, investigate & learn new technologies, and sign off on code reviews. This is a coding position and the ideal hire will be expected to learn deficiencies, contribute to the Impact Engineering organisation, and champion best practices.
This position will be based in Cape Town post Covid-19 and welcomes anyone who is interested in relocating.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, test and maintain software for Impact's platform
- Build meaningful unit, functional and integration level tests for the software built
- Collaborate with a distributed team to fulfil the department's quarterly objectives
- Keeps technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialisation, incorporating these improvements where applicable
- Review business needs, requirements, technical specifications
- Write and maintain design, user and test documentation
- Respond to alerts, review error messages, and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Perform triage functionality through verification and fixing of bugs
- Build operator tools to make employees more productive/ effective
- Deliver software solutions on the Impact platform
- Participate in code reviews, apply feedback, and ask for clarity on ambiguous feedback
- Perform code reviews and provide clear feedback to peers
- Document solutions to ensure future supportability
What You Have:
- Computer Science qualification
- Languages: Extensive Java programming or comparable OOP experience
- Problem Solving: Can solve problems independently
- Design Patterns: Can effectively select and implement the right design pattern to solve a problem
- Code Quality: Experience implementing integration tests and unit tests. Comfortable working with CI
- Libraries: Confident using existing frameworks
- Cloud: Implement stories on existing cloud infrastructure and services
- Delivery Management: Independently implement the agreed design to spec. Escalate appropriately
- Business Domain: Understanding the business requirements of all stories in the sprint
- Mentoring: Help team members with implementation
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Take the time off that you need. We are truly committed to a positive work-life balance, recognising that it is important to be happy and fulfilled in both
- Training & Development
- Learning the advanced partnership automation products
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Group schemes with Discovery & Bonitas for medical aid
- Group scheme with Momentum for provident fund
- Stock Options
- 4-year vesting schedule pending Board approval
- Internet Allowance
- Flexible work hours
- Casual work environment
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.