JOB TITLE: Product Manager - Employee Solutions (Private Sector)
REPORTS TO: CEO
LOCATION: Head Office
The ideal candidate is an analytical team player who will be responsible for leading a team of high performing individuals who own the entire product lifecycle from strategy to evaluation. You will also work cross-functionally to complete product roadmaps and discover new opportunities.
- Oversee employee products (Salary Advance and Private Payroll product)
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Drive product launches including working with marketing team and sales team and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Represent the company by visiting clients to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of new product by always proposing new markets and opportunities
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Market research and intelligence
- Meeting sales budgets /targets management
- Ensuring that staff have access to training on a regular basis on any product features
- Ensure that all staff within the department have clear performance targets as it relates to their respective roles, which in aggregate should see the attainment of the company objectives.
- Ensuring that there are adequate performance evaluation tools along with monthly, quarterly, and annual evaluations for all staff within the department which are documented and submitted to the Human Capital Department.
- Developing a strategy for the department to meet the Company wide objectives and ensuring that the strategy is documented and evaluated quarterly and annually.
- In collaboration with the Credit department to oversee the collection of outstanding credit and invoices to minimize profit loss while ensuring it is handled appropriately and per company policy.
- Run reports and analyze data pertaining to the product and share with executive staff on regular basis.
- Communicate with clients to build and maintain a strong working relationship.
- MBA or similar post graduate qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in Product Management or Product Marketing Management
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- 2 + years of experience in the financial sector
- Excellent Persuasion skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations
- Strong problem-solving skills