BECOME PART OF THE TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE WAY BUSINESSES ACROSS THE WORLD BUILD SOFTWARE. SOVTECH IS A CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY WITH TEAMS BASED IN JOHANNESBURG, LONDON, AND CAPE TOWN.
We invest in people who can see the future & who work hard to achieve it. SovTech has a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team. We’re only looking for outstanding people – those unique individuals who are brilliant, are always happy to help, socialize, get involved, work hard, and enjoy what they do! We have a continuous learning culture that allows our people to grow and develop in the opportunities across our various teams.
We design, build, deploy and maintain innovative custom software that allows our clients to start, run and grow world-class businesses. Our teams are globally distributed so we have adopted a Fluid approach to remote vs office-based work, encouraging freedom, fluidity of working location, collaboration & exploration. At SovTech, teams define their remote days to encourage collaboration & knowledge sharing whilst still creating the flexibility of remote working.
Our Company Values (The SovTech Spex):
#Smile #Adapt #Results #Tech #Innovate #Partnership #Sorted #Worldclass #Blitz #GiveASh*t
About the Role:
- Supporting the design of next-generation systems
- Writing Python code that is reusable, testable and efficient
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers and product managers to plan and estimate the team’s work in a Sprint-Kanban hybrid workflow
- Working in a fast-moving but a stable environment in a continuous deployment workflow - testing and QA is very much a part of your role
- Contributing in planning sessions and retrospectives, including your own personal development time
- Mentoring junior developers
What we are looking for:
- SovTech's Enterprise team is looking for a Python Developer to work on a project with one of SA's largest investment banks.
What Tech would you be working with?
- GoCD, etc.
What we can tell you about our culture:
Have a look through our Careers page: Join Our Team, Help Build The Future. Become part of the team that is changing the way businesses across the world build software.
Our latest Blog posts: Visit our latest blog posts to gain insights, tips, news, articles, and tech updates
Humans of SovTech: Finally, if that does not give you enough insight into SovTech, check out our Humans of SovTech Instagram page
Qualifications And Experience
- Experience in a role such as Backend Platform Engineer, Platform Engineer, Software Engineer, Full Stack Developer, Full Stack Engineer, Software Development Engineer or similar
- 3+ years experience working with Python
- Experience building and maintaining real-world products using continuous integration/deployment to enable engineers to deploy code and configuration from local environments through to production
- A track-record of creating and maintaining automated tests to build high-quality software (unit, acceptance and UI tests)
- Experience with technologies and processes that we use - i.e. Django, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Celery, Puppet, Fabric, Docker, AWS, TDD, GoCD, etc.
- A self-starter - able to use initiative and deliver results
- Highly collaborative - able to work successfully across teams
- Logical and strong problem solving skills
- Honours or Post-Grad in the Science Department (stats, maths, comp Sci, Engineering)