OZÉ is a platform that empowers small business owners to make data-driven decisions to improve their performance. Our mission is to provide entrepreneurs with the tools and resources they need to grow. The primary purpose of this role is to identify bugs, track bugs and suggest improvements in our complex, growing and life changing product.
- Perform manual and automation testing through various software testing techniques such as functional, unit, API, integration, regression, smoke, acceptance, performance testing etc... on our platforms (web, android and iOS) through manual and automation processes.
- Recommend design improvements to enhance user experience.
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs.
- Design detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Contribute exciting ideas and opinions in applying new and emerging technologies.
- Ensure automation codes are valid, properly structured and meets industry standards (minimal reviews).
- Collaborate with tech leads, product leads, business leads and developers to identify bug causes and develop solutions.
- Recruit at least one awesome person to join our team; assist in the hiring and training of additional QA Engineers.
- Any other duties assigned
Who You Are
- A first degree in Business Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information System, Computer Engineering, or a related field with 2+ years in Software QA Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of automation testing tools such as Appium, Selenium, Capybara or Cucumber (A plus), and programming languages such as PHP, Java, Python etc...
- Experience in the use of tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Slack, Git, Mixpanel, Firebase.
- Great understanding of testing methodologies and processes including but not limited to the creation of test plans/test strategies, test cases and test scripts.
- Excellent communication skills, detail-oriented and empathetic.
- A QA Engineer who has a ‘no-nonsense’ approach to quality, striving for the best solutions which bring the most value to our product.
- You believe that the small business owners success will lead to the success of the country, region, and continent. You are empathetic to their challenges and share in the joy of their triumphs.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience in planning, prioritizing, time management and working independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in the management of software releases and versioning.
- A competitive package based on your contribution
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team with different cultures
- Health Insurance
- Reliable & Consistent workload
In addition, we only bring people on to our team who value the following attributes:
Empathy, Honesty & Integrity, Analytical Skills, Proactivity, Openness & Transparency, Perseverance, Adaptability
We have a preference for individuals with experience in development for use in low bandwidth environments. Our first market is Accra, Ghana. If this is even the tiniest bit interesting to you, please reach out!
Click Apply Now or Email an introduction and however you like to demonstrate your work (CV, portfolio, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “QA Engineer” in the subject line.