Lulalend is a FinTech company with a belief in the power of small business. We work hard to empower businesses across South Africa with the funds they need to grow. Small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and they deserve an easy and inspiring lending process.
Lulalend was founded because there is an underserved market for access to funding that the banks and other lenders overlook. We innovate in order to significantly reduce this credit gap - directly assisting our economy and job creation on a grand scale. So, by joining our team you’re helping businesses stay open, grow and offer more job opportunities. Yay you!
Lulalend is a one of a kind business – literally. There is no-one in South Africa doing what we’re doing yet, because we’re awesome!
At Lulalend we:
- Are passionate about helping SMEs succeed
- Believe in responsible lending
- Strive to offer an unbeatable customer experience
- Value humility and teachability
- Embrace technology
- Communicate openly
- Work hard and play hard
Lulalend is a start-up company focused on changing SME lending through technology, data and design. Small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and they deserve an easy and inspiring lending process.
This is a newly created role for an individual who has a keen eye for detail and who is passionate about continuously improving the quality of platform and services. The position will be responsible for developing test cases and implementing testing methods and tools to achieve this purpose. You will need to work closely with our Data, Engineering and Product teams to make sure that developed functionality is fit for purpose.
The type of QA responsibilities you’re likely to take on include:
- Create, update, and execute test plans and test cases for developed functionality
- Continuously improve test coverage by implementing new manual and automated tests
- Create and update internal QA documentation to ensure that tests are repeatable
- Complete regular performance, stress, and security tests
- Review user stories to determine requirements, acceptance criteria, and test approach
- Provide regular feedback on functionality, usability, and defects
- Assist customers, colleagues, and partners with troubleshooting guides and procedures
- Join the teams for Scrum ceremonies such as grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.
THE COMPETENCIES WE’RE AFTER
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical thinker who is process driven
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to live, demonstrate and get excited about the Lulalend values
- You think and act customer first
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A relevant tertiary level qualification (BSc in Computer Science, BTech, BEng) or equivalent
- +2 years experience as a QA Engineer
- Experience across the full SDLC
- QA experience with a C#, cloud, Azure, asp.net-mvc technology stack
- Experience documenting test and design artefacts (use cases, success criteria, etc.)
- Experience with manual testing using tools such as Postman, Swagger, etc.
- Exposure to database driven testing (e.g. Sql server, Postgres, MySql, SqlLite)
- Exposure to data quality, validation and reasonability testing
- Exposure to unit testing, stress test and load testing concepts
- Exposure to automation testing tools such as Selenium
- Exposure to testing of platforms that utilize micro-services and/or service oriented architecture
- Exposure to cloud based environments, preferably Azure
- Exposure to Agile development
- Exposure to source control (e.g. SourceTree, Bitbucket, Github)
- Exposure to demonstrating functionality on QA environments
- Previous experience in a Fintech would be beneficial