At Toptal we make usage of both Salesforce and an in-house account management system to help our sales team drive revenue and sales forward. Our Client Retention Team is a cross functional team responsible for integrating and syncing data between the two systems composed by both Front-end and Back-end engineers in different technology stacks. As a senior Salesforce Back-end Engineer you will help not only build new high quality functionality directly in Salesforce, but also provide help and support in integrating Salesforce with our in-house system and help shape its architecture, automated tests, end to end tests, security, and other challenging technical concerns regarding the integration between the two systems.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Write elegant, efficient, and testable code, which is easy to maintain and debug.
- Cover code with tests and perform manual testing of features.
- Work alongside Salesforce Front-end and Ruby on Rails Back-end engineers to help shape and implement a two way integration between the systems.
- Work alongside engineers, product managers, and product liaisons to develop new and exciting features in Salesforce to improve our sales team efficiency.
- Review the work of colleagues.
- As an excellent teammate, continuously improve our team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate status and progress.
- Mentor team members, provide feedback, and continuously improve as a professional.
In the first week, expect to:
- Begin your onboarding and integration into Toptal.
- Get familiar with our Salesforce configuration and data model as well as the team structure.
- Participate in team and cross-team meetings.
In the first month, expect to:
- Develop your first tasks and have them deployed to production.
- Deep dive into Salesforce customizations and in-house system features that powers Toptal’s sales teams.
- Participate in discussions regarding Salesforce <> in house system integration, solution, architecture, and timeline.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be actively engaged in the development of new features and system integrations your team works on.
- Participate in the development of more broad solutions as a part of a guild (e.g. Quality Guild) or Task Force (e.g. Real-Time Communication Task Force).
- Have the opportunity to improve the Back-end technologies within the scope of the team.
- Develop automated tests to ensure our products flawlessly support our business and behave at sky-high quality standards.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Deliver new features incrementally and with high quality.
- Lead technical or product initiatives.
- Mentor Toptal’s new team members.
- Be ready to propose improvements to Toptal’s processes, products, and codebase.
In the first year, expect to:
- On-board, mentor, and be part of the interviewing team, in order to support the growth of our top-skilled engineering team.
- Become a champion of new ideas that will thrive to achieve the purpose of our company while ensuring the quality culture that we value the most.
- Take joy in deployment to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team or other individuals while working in a distributed model.
- Have 3+ years of experience with Salesforce development and 5+ years with software development
- Have a strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, development, and testing methodologies.
- Have strong knowledge of Salesforce Back-end technology stack, such as Apex and SOQL languages, Salesforce data model, Apex triggers, Queueable Apex, Batchable Apex, Schedulable Apex, Apex callouts, and Apex web services.
- Have experience with Test Driven Development in Salesforce using Apex unit tests.
- Have experience developing API integrations between Salesforce and external systems.
- Understand Salesforce Platform Events and pub-sub architecture.
- Bonus points for having Salesforce Developer certifications, in depth experience with Salesforce Front-end technology stack, experience in SFDX and unlocked packages, Ruby on Rails, Kafka, or Agile practices.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.