We started in South Africa, in ’91. Back then, change was coming. Along with its challenges came the chance to invest in a better future. Our journey through that time taught us to recognise and embrace change and uncertainty. Change taught us to be bold. Resilient. Agile.
To believe that active investing can be a force for good.
Today, we manage R2,566 trillion for our clients globally. We still see the world from a different perspective. Whether it is the rise of the East or the rise of the machines, we’ll always seek to make the best of it. Best for our clients, best for our company, and the best for the world we live in. We are investing for a world of change.
We began as Investec Asset Management, a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. In 2020, almost three decades of growth later, we de-merged from Investec Group to become Ninety One, an independent asset manager listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
While our name may have changed, we’re still the same firm. We offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All of our employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. We also have our founding leadership in place. Our distinctive owner culture allows us to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with our clients’ long-term investment objectives.
*as at 30 September 2020
Ninety One is an equal opportunities employer. Our imperative is to attract and retain the best talent by providing a corporate environment where people from varying backgrounds can develop professionally and build a rewarding career.
Salesforce is one of the strategic technology platforms enabling the client facing teams at NinetyOne. Although one environment, there are two products utilising the Salesforce platform: Sales & Client Management and Operational Servicing.
As our business grows and adapts to the needs of our clients, the product teams need to continuously development and enhance our technology solutions accordingly. We make the decision to develop in-house where it adds most value to the business, but also blend that with vendor products where there is already a market leading product available.
This role will focus on designing and developing technical solutions for the Operational Servicing product globally using the Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Service Cloud platform but will also need to recommend and use other technologies where relevant.
The team prides itself on its ability to deliver high quality solutions in an agile manner by ensuring projects are small, well defined and have high payoff to the business. Agility also requires us to keep abreast of technological advancements and how they can benefit the Operational teams.
The Operational Servicing product forms part of the wider Client Technology team which is made up of product owners, business analysts, technical analysts and developers whose responsibility is to deliver technology and operational solutions to the global Client Group (Distribution) and their supporting team.
- Developing to house standards; ensuring code is clear, functional and simple to support.
- Configuration of Salesforce application including object setup, approvals, workflows and flows
- Requirement gathering, communicating with stakeholders and documenting findings in the form of user stories.
- Partnering with engineering leads and product owners to deliver value-adding functionality sprint by sprint.
- Working in a quick-to-market proof-of-concept manner to engage stakeholders and focus on high quality deliverables.
- Utilising Test Driven Development to maintain high quality products.
- Working in a collaborative manner across teams.
- Embracing DevOps techniques.
- Strong emphasis on delivery and having the ability to run small
- enhancements with tangible milestones and delivering against them and communicating progress.
- Produce training material for all enhancements delivered.
- Maximise the use of existing technologies by applying them in
- innovative ways specific to this role, Salesforce is a key central product and is integrated with multiple other systems.
- Enhancements to integrations with other systems.
- Provide 3rd line support for incidents that impact the product. This includes assisting in trouble-shooting issues related to integrated systems.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- A relevant degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years working with object orientated programming languages like Apex (Salesforce proprietary language) or Java.
- Preference for experience in Financial Services / Asset Management
- Experience working with REST APIs and related query language.
- A thorough understanding of the IT development lifecycle, development framework, Agile methodology and implementation.
- Experience in using DevOps and deployment tools is advantageous
- An understanding of data and systems architecture as it relates to the distribution environment.
- Experience implementing software within an automated test-driven development environment.
- SQL is essential - NoSQL, Data Lake, EDM advantageous.
- Source control via Git essential.
- UI/UX skills would be a useful addition, though not essential.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS and Azure desirable.
- Experiencing building data integration solutions using different on-premise and cloud-based technologies (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Functions)
- Technical analysis skills also required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure.
- Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities.
- Self-organising and able to work in a team.
- A strong personality able to withstand exposure to demanding teams.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate.
- Ability to see the bigger picture.
Risk and Compliance Responsibilities
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues.
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse