OZÉ is seeking a senior mobile app developer who wants to use simple design and big data to improve economic outcomes for small business owners in the emerging markets (and for yourself). You’ll be working on the OZÉ Android client for which you’ll design and build the next generation of mobile business intelligence applications.
Some responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Designing and developing advanced android
- Bug fixing and improving application performance
- Communicating technical requirements and performance to the customer team
- Pushing the team’s thinking; acting like a leader and a manager
At least, you must:
- 4 years or more of experience
- Deeply understand Object Oriented Programming principles and practices
- Have a strong conceptual and working understanding of Java and Kotlin
- Have a strong understanding of the Android SDK and working experience
- Have a firm understanding on Android Design Principles and basic human-computer interaction concepts
- Have experience w/ networking programming & parallel computing in Android
- Understand general performance optimizations in Android
- Some basic understanding of UI rendering optimizations and trade-offs
- Be familiar with industry-wide frameworks like ButterKnife and OkHttp.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
We have a preference for individuals with experience in development for use in low bandwidth environments. Our first market is Accra, Ghana. If this is even the tiniest bit interesting to you, please reach out!