Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As a Copywriter at Ozow, you need to be able to channel the voice of Ozow in a persuasive, engaging, and compelling way. As one of the most powerful forms of communication, we are looking for a Copywriter who has a deep passion for writing about financial inclusion.
You will work closely with a team of hardworking creatives and brand strategists to build concepts across all mediums for the Ozow brand.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or relevant field.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience working on a technology/digital brand.
- A world-class portfolio of relevant work.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Marketing team to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfill the content strategy.
- Creating blog content, PR pieces, and thought leadership articles.
- Developing and executing outstanding copy work.
- Accountable for checking all the content, ensuring that it retains the highest standard.
- Understanding the marketing strategy and business context and executing accordingly.
- Working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight d
- Assisting with pitches, and presentations as required.
Your skills and competencies:
- Attention to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Communication. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You know when and how much information to communicate. You maintain this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Efficiency. You are able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Flexibility/ adaptability. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost. You focus on key priorities.
- High standards. You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Honesty/ integrity. You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence of your team. You do what is right, not just what is politically expedient. You speak plainly and truthfully.
- Innovation and creativity. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Intelligence. You learn quickly. You demonstrate the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Giving and receiving feedback. You solicit feedback and receive feedback openly and graciously. You deliver feedback to your team or other stakeholders in ways that are respectful and actionable.
- Proactivity. You act without being told what to do. You bring new ideas to the company.
- Problem solving. You are able to solve problems by analysing situations and applying critical thinking in order to resolve problem. You are able to decide on courses of action and implement the solutions developed in order to overcome problems and constraints.
- Teamwork. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Work ethic. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You have a track record of working hard.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.