Would you love to be a part of one of the world's leading software companies?
Siemens EDA is seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Senior DevOps Engineer to join our forward thinking team in Cairo, Egypt. This is role with a truly global scope, and the opportunity to drive continuous improvement of one our most important services.
What you'll be doing:
- Hardware planning and resource management for multiple products, services, and systems with a focus on maximizing resource efficiency & utilization.
- Evaluate and deploy cloud offerings and prepare products for cloud deployment.
- Evaluate, deploy, monitor and report on resource usage and utilization for virtualized and physical resources.
- Coordinate and collaborate with worldwide teams in IT, DevOps, R&D, and QA.
Knowledge and experience needed:
To apply, you will need to bring great skills and know-how to the role. We're looking for a candidate with:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant degree with a minimum cumulative grade "Very Good" from a reputable University.
- Preferably Cloud certified on AWS (Well Architected) or other cloud vendors.
- Strong proficiency in programming/scripting languages in any of (C, Python, Perl, Bash).
- Previous relevant experience working in an enterprise environment or any of the below qualifications:
- Distributed Cloud computing (Linux, Windows) experience with: AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Virtualization experience with hypervisor (VM) and containers (Docker).
- Experience with cost efficient and best performing solutions for deploying native cloud provisioning tools (E.g. Kubernetes, CycleCloud, ParallelCluster, Slurm).
- Windows operating system experience, including: Powershell, Cygwin or Msys, anti-virus, Visual Debug & performance tuning.
- Storage (NFS, LVM, XFS, S3, NAS, SAN) configuration, management and tuning or Grid Networking (Univa & LSF).
- Installation, configuration, administration and tuning of Linux Os.
- Deploying and Fine-Tuning for micro-services applications.
- Database deployment and optimization.
- Proxy & Reverse-Proxy configuration.
- Firewall and Certificate Management.
- Great teammate who can work effectively with a worldwide, multi-site development environment.
- Self-motivated, inventive, and has the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Good experience with Linux, Linux kernel development & tuning and/or Windows operating systems.
- Ability to investigate, isolate and remedy hardware and software defects.
- Great Multi-tasking skills, Fast context-switching/Accepting interrupts.
- Excellent command of English and presentation skills.
Siemens EDA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Mentor Graphics are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Mentor Graphics will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Mentor Graphics encourages applicants of all ages.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time