ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Worldwide over 25.000 people work at ASML, with important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working at ASML is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic. To remain successful the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements.
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering is responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification, and sustaining of all ASML products.
- You are happy to make things work and to build great applications which in turn will make things move and will insure extremely precise calibrations.
- You will be responsible for writing clean and highly functional code for several stages of our machines such as the lenses and the wafer stages, and for several SW layers, from HW control to higher level application.
- You enjoy seeing things move by the code that you generate, regardless if you have to write code in C, C++ or Python – to you, the results count.
- You will be responsible for creating clear specifications, making the efficient design choices and to 'make it happen' by also implementing, testing and integrating the design. Customer satisfaction is the number one driver for ASML and thus for every software engineer.
- You will design, analyze, document and test the required software specifications.
- You will use C/C++, Python, object oriented design programming and Linux within a highly complex embedded environment.
- You will work in a multidisciplinary environment, involving physics, mechatronics, customer support and factory departments.
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- Software engineer with 5-10 years of experience in large-scale software applications - embedded programming.
- Key competencies for this role are Unix/Linux, C, C++, UML, real-time, Python, VxWorks, Matlab.
- Solid software engineering knowledge: Agile, Scrum, UML, OOP, design patterns.
- You are seeking to work in a precise and challenging department.
- You are quality-driven and you are looking for an environment where your technical skills will be enhanced and your ideas will be put to the test.
- You are not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team because you know that we will always choose the best solution.
- You want to be a part of a dynamic and challenging environment that leaves no room for errors in the live environment.
- You are passionate about robotics and you would like be a part of our teams who are building large scale applications for large machines which in their turn, have a global usability.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.