Duplo is a Lagos-based fintech startup that enables businesses in Africa to digitize their receivables and payables, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and generate more revenue from their business customers.
We want to make B2B payments as simple as P2P payment apps. Most business payments in Africa are made offline….yikes. We are on a mission to transform this.
We are backed by top investors including Liquid2 Ventures, My Asia VC, Soma Capital, YCombintaor, Oui Capital, and others.
This is a unique opportunity. You'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that will impact millions.
We are looking to bring on a new Senior Finance Associate. This individual will be working closely with our Sales, Customer Service, and Finance teams to ensure that our billing, revenue, and collections are kept up to date and accurate for quick decision making and reporting.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers, and other records detailing financial business transactions (i.e. disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable)
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Ensure reporting conformity with IFRS, GAAP, the company standards, Accounting procedures, and local statutory provisions (CAMA)
- Maintain financial security and confidentiality by following internal control procedure(s)
- Ensure proper recording of all transactions, new purchases, and disposals
- Assist with payroll system and payroll-related items
- Participate in the preparation, follow-up, review, and reporting of a periodic and annual budget
- Manage cash flow, budget, forecast, and planning process
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards.
- Reconcile products against vendor statements to ensure coherence.
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, credit card charges, invoicing client bills, etc by ensuring accuracy and proper classification
- 3+ years of work experience in Audit, Finance, or Accounting
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and financial modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree (concentration in accounting or finance) preferred
- previous startup experience preferred
- Expert in Microsoft Office (especially Excel); accounting software such as QuickBooks, Xero, NetSuite
- Comfort in the startup environment and ability to create structure and foundational processes
- Strong priority and time management skills; strong oral and written communication skills