What we’re looking for:
If you’re looking for your next challenging project, a collaborative environment and an exciting industry, then this is the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities include translation of the UI/UX design and wireframes to code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides.
The Senior Front-end Developer will work in a multi-disciplinary team with the goal of designing and developing world-class experiences, delighting users and transforming businesses. The Front-end Developer will work closely with UX and UI designers to produce front-end solutions and prototypes. We are seeking driven individuals who strive to create world-class industry leading code.
GLI is currently working remotely, until it is safe for our employees to return to work. The successful candidate will be virtually onboarded for now.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop new user-facing features with a focus on responsive solutions
- Front-end development through reusable, testable code and libraries
- Detailed documentation of all developed code and its day-to-day processes
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Ongoing evaluation and optimisation of systems
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Development of personal skill set in-line with industry trends to meet company objectives
- Growing the front-end team
- Operate as a senior in the team by providing input, training and guidance to other members of the team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of HTML and CSS
- Excellent understanding of AngularJs and Angular.
- Excellent understanding of WordPress
- Advanced CSS / SASS essential
- Basic competence with PHP and its surrounding technologies
- Responsive/adaptive development for web and mobile experience.
- Knowledge of front-end build tools (e.g. Grunt / Gulp)
- Knowledge of front-end dependency management (e.g. NPM / Bower)
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as-as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and mobile compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Solid knowledge of state management (NGXS & NGRX) preferable
- 5+ Years’ experience in Front-end Web Development
How Vacancies Work:
Once we have received your resume, our HR Team will review it shortly. If you’ve reached the interview stage, you’ll then hear from us via email or phone within two weeks. Unfortunately, due to application volumes we can’t give feedback to all applicants. But be sure to keep an eye out, as new job opportunities are posted here regularly.
Job Type: Contract – 6 Months