Nobody knows cyber security like F‑Secure. For three decades, F‑Secure has driven innovations in cyber security, defending tens of thousands of companies and millions of people.
With unsurpassed experience in endpoint protection as well as detection and response, F‑Secure shields enterprises and consumers against everything from advanced cyber attacks and data breaches to widespread ransomware infections.
Within Detection and Response, we aim to provide software solutions to combat sophisticated threat actors by providing the tooling needed to respond to cyber attacks. Our people are a combination of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to advance the industry with new solutions to difficult problems. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
We are seeking someone who is not scared of new challenges and knows how to work hard whilst maintaining a fun and friendly attitude. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a team with a culture of learning and mutual respect; where you can bring new ideas to the table and have them heard.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will form part of the global team tasked with developing F-Secure’s Investigation and Response capabilities. The solutions you provide as a member of this team will directly impact threat hunters ability to rapidly respond to advanced cyber attacks.
We don’t want to give our engineers requirements; we want them to solve problems.
- Design and implement high quality enterprise level software.
- Work across the full project lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering through to release and support.
- Work closely with teammates and product management to deliver a high quality product.
- Interface with multiple teams, whose products form part of a larger microservice based solution.
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team.
- Write clean, well structured and documented code.
- Build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team.
- Produce code which is well tested and consistently error free.
- Develop on Windows, Linux or Mac – supported by unit tests.
- Prototype and research new features and technologies.
- Keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- Occasionally dealing with CI systems (Jenkins).
- Ensure products are compatible with test automation.
What are we looking for?
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A degree in Computer Science, or related field. (Non Negotiable)
- 3 or more years of Object Oriented Programming in C++ and/or C#.
- At least 4-6 years experience in a senior role.
- Can communicate complex technical ideas to non-technical audiences with ease.
- Team work skills and positive attitude
- Keen interest in understanding the detection and response services and the value they provide
- Has a security mindset and possesses an interest in cyber security
- Understanding of modern software development practices that ensure safe, reliable and continuous deployments
- Experience with source code management software (Git or SVN).
- Be ready to work in a fast-paced, engaging and fun environment.
- Creatively-minded, able to find solutions to unique problems.
- You have previous exposure to multi-threaded asynchronous development.
- This role is primarily focused on C++ and C#, however, experience in Python development or any scripting language (for example, bash) would be beneficial.
- Previous experience with code reviews.
- Is passionate about development and is interested in growing themselves and learning new skills & technologies.
- Some experience working with relational (SQL) and non-relational databases (NoSQL) desirable.
- Some exposure to cloud technologies (AWS or Azure or GCP) and DevOps would be good to have, but not required.
- Previous experience working in agile/scrum based projects desirable.
- Ability to work closely with others and a willingness to have fun and be yourself! We want a teammate, not a robot.
What You Will Get From Us
- Well established remote working culture, suited for the current global pandemic situation
- Satisfaction in knowing your work will help to protect organizations and individuals from cyber threats
- We give the time and space to learn, you bring the enthusiasm.
- We will share all the knowledge needed (we'll even support you with relevant training if you are interested!).
- Work in the domain that is the fastest growing market in cyber security (MDR & EDR)
- Challenging and interesting problems that will push you to learn new ideas, technologies and ways of working.
- The chance to work with one of the best engineering teams in F-Secure. The team spirit and culture is probably the single biggest benefit we have to offer.
- A team that is technical, ambitious and friendly, that will share their knowledge and expect you to do the same.
- A team that believes in quality and test automation, and is willing to invest time and effort to continually improve product quality.
- Something new to learn, even after months and years!
The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so don't hesitate to apply!