BetKing is a digital entertainment and sports technology business that owns and operates its own proprietary platform and product portfolio. This scalable capability enables the Group to take a customised approach to entering new industries and markets.
The Group entered the African market in 2018 and has already grown to be a major player in the Region – driven by a strong focus on sports entertainment experiences delivered by their in-house digital sport-tech platform, combined with a customer centric approach to distribution across retail and online channels, strong localised regulatory relationships and a brand portfolio that customers recognise and trust.
This tailor-made approach, driven by an exceptional leadership team from a range of high growth sectors, has powered the rapid growth of the Group in the Region.
Have you ever thought of joining a hyper growth startup that’s redefining its industry? Look no further! We are one of the fastest growing companies in our sector, using innovative technology and solving the hardest problems to bring African sports fans an unrivalled digital sports entertainment experience, online, offline, 24/7.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be joining a team focused on ensuring that our new Trading platform is highly resilient, extremely low latency and scalable to massive volume. You’ll make sure that the Sports Traders have a great experience as they use the tools, all of which will be underpinned by a high degree of automation.
With a great understanding of modern architectural and engineering practices that underpin highly successful distributed transactional solutions, your team will work the Traders and Product Managers to design, build, deliver and support our new Trading platform. You will share your team’s passion for producing thoroughly tested and high-quality services and you will leave no stone unturned to help drive BetKing’s success.
Part of this brand new team in our Cape Town office, you will have the opportunity to be there at day one and to play a crucial role in taking the BetKing Sportsbook to the next level!
What you will be doing:
- Design it: ensure that everything is designed not just for now, but for the growth of years to come
- Build it: deliver great solutions that are proven meet the need of the Traders as well as your colleagues in Support and Operations
- Test it: be accountable for your own testing and for the overall quality of your output, you’ll make sure testing happens fast, frequently and effectively
- Run it: check that everything is working as expected and go hunting for problems to solve, to constantly improve the solution
- Document Everything: make sure we have top class and up to date technical and use case documentation
- Mentor and coach: support and help onboard and train the less experienced members of the team
- Collaborate: engage with other teams and users across the company to identify ways to improve and build upon the capabilities of the Platform
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience of production software engineering and delivery
- 3+ years working on distributed, high-volume transactional systems
- Expert level understanding of C#, SQL Server, REST and GIT, plus ideally good experience with .NetCore
- At least 2 years working with messaging technologies (preferably Kafka) and with cloud-based implementations (preferably Azure)
- Strong experience working with both RDBMS and NoSQL technologies is essential
- Experience working with containerization technologies would be a real plus
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to pick up new skill sets quickly
- A passion for detail and problem solving, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of experience working with remote teams
- Hyper-growth start-up experience is a strong plus
Who you are:
- Customer-focused: everything we do is about our customers and stakeholders
- Organised: millions of transactions and messages go through these systems, so you need to stay on top of your priorities and focused on what is important
- Analytical: you should be able to look at data and insight from multiple sources, and to draw informed conclusions
- Thrive under pressure: we’re hyper-growth, so there will always be challenges and more to do!
- Relevant: the marketplace, competitors and customers move fast, so you need to help us keep up by staying on top of trends and applying that to how we can get the best out of our systems and our teams
- Team Player: building great teams is how we will succeed