Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. We do this by enabling small and medium restaurants access to affordable goods and financial services.
We are looking for a VP of Engineering to lead our engineering department and help us build great products. You’ll also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets, and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow
What You Will Do
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
What you need
- Work experience in a senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills