As a Senior Software Test Engineer at Levelset you will be responsible for software testing design and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications. You should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and a distributed architecture, diverse technologies and lab environments. You will work closely with developers, project managers, devops engineers and other stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Design and execute test cases
- Verify that implemented software meets the business requirements
- Suggest functionality improvements based on usability standards
- Review requirements documents in terms of consistency, completeness, and correctness.
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- 3-5 years experience in software testing
- Proficient in writing advanced SQL queries
- Self-driven, problem-solver with demonstrable critical thinking skills.
- Thorough understanding of software testing methodologies, QA tools and Agile principles
- Proven knowledge and experience in various test levels (system integration, performance, regression, and user acceptance)
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to effectively communicate with the development team.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience in automation/Performance/Security is a plus
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and/or experience in the following technologies/tools will be considered as a huge plus:Neo4j graph databaseCypher query languageRabbitMQ message brokerKafka message brokerKubernetes commandsAPI testingNon-functional testing experience: Automation/Performance/Security
- Neo4j graph database
- Cypher query language
- RabbitMQ message broker
- Kafka message broker
- Kubernetes commands
- API testing
- Non-functional testing experience: Automation/Performance/Security
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.