Title: Senior Writer
Report to: Chief Development Officer
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
myAgro is looking for an experienced professional to join our Development Team as Senior Writer. You will report to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will be the lead writer for letters of interest, concept notes, proposals, reports, and other written materials. You have experience creating content targeted at private foundations, government and institutional donors, and/or corporate philanthropic entities. Working with the CDO and collaborating with other team members across the organization, you will oversee the writing process, including the planning and submission processes. An excellent storyteller, the Senior Grant Writer will articulate myAgro’s history, impact, and vision to important audiences. Teamwork is important to the success of this position, working collaboratively to drive giving that supports myAgro’s mission, programs, and fundraising goals.
- Author proposal drafts for letters of interest, concept notes, reporting, and proposals, and collaborates across teams to gather and include relevant inputs and necessary data into each piece.
- Ensure that all written submissions from myAgro comply with parameters and detailed requirements for each funder.
- Meet proposal deadlines by following systems and timelines for the different phrases of proposal creation including information gathering, writing, approval, and transmittal.
- Support grant management activities for secured grants, including documenting and communicating reporting requirements, tracking correspondence with funders, producing grant progress reports, and staying ahead of funder reporting requirements and action items.
- Collaborate with the Development Operations Associate to create internal systems, structures, and processes to improve and organize the Development team’s activities and workflow, with regard to foundation and government grants.
- 4 years of working in fundraising or in a nonprofit setting.
- Expertise to proofread and draft high-quality documents.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- A customer service centered approach to work.
- Determination to solve problems as part of a team.
- A service-oriented approach to work and collaboration.
- Managed projects independently.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies welcomed, and French is a plus.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.