Our Engineering Team
At robusta, Engineers are craftsmen, we take pride in our skills and our target is delivering the right value to our partners.
We deeply believe in the Agile & DevOps movements, and we structure and shape our systems and processes accordingly.
Our growing team of 50+ Engineers organized across 7 tribes, take pride in their craft, and we are always seeking to build a robust, scalable, resilient and clean product; we deeply believe one day of good design saves us months of bad implementation.
Our Android Tribe
We are currently the smallest tribe within the engineering team yet proudly we can say we have a strong synergy. We do not let the smallest things just slip by and keep negative energy away from our table.
Who are we looking for? (About you)
We are looking for a new perfectionist to join our tribe. You have an eye for detail and looking forward to try out the newest technologies out there. You love challenges and love solving tech mysteries. We are not looking for a coding machine but a team player who enjoys collaboration with other teams and contributing to their peers.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Android app development and general knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- You have experience with capacity building, mentoring, and excellent communication skills along with understanding engineering metrics and working to improving them
- You are experienced with third-party libraries and APIs and working with remote data via REST and JSON
- You worked with RxJava and have insight of design and architecture patterns
- You have a solid understanding of Git
- You follow best practices for team and code collaboration
- Nice to have Computer Science background or relevant work experience
What are your responsibilities? Your life as a Software Engineer in Android
- Designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform
- Attending client meetings for technical consultancy, managing cross-functional development teams and being a technical mentor for your tribe
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Submitting and managing applications on Google Play Store
- Exploring, communicating and implementing Android best practices within the organization to maximize development efficiency
- Staying ahead of the game and up to date with the latest the field has to offer along contributing to your community & helping your peers
What we offer? (Perks of working @ robusta)
- Seeing as our biggest asset at robusta is our people, we always work on providing you with a well-rounded 360 benefits program e.g. medical insurance, transportation allowance, schooling allowance and much more
- We believe in results not hours; we offer flexible working hours and working from home 2 days/week
- We are keen to ease your daily hassle while we can so you will be able to work everyday from a spacious office with lounging areas, coffee flat rate and daily subsidized meals.
- Your personal wellbeing is something we truly care about: we don’t just say it, we offer allowance to encourage you to pursue any hobby or activity you enjoy doing at leisure