We deliver solutions that enable teams and businesses to take full advantage of digital transformations. Our work enables health facilities across the West Africa sub-region to provide value for their clients and communities. Our team brings together a wealth of experts, consultants, technicians, developers and project managers to serve businesses and communities in creating solutions that count.
As a Software Developer at DAAS, you will work on our team of developers and product managers designing, building and delivering our key products that unlock value for our users. Our growing team focuses on creating opportunities for growth, learning and contribution in all phases of software design, development and deployment. Our Engineering Manager would be your supervisor with their responsibility to support your growth and experience with us through 1-on-1s and coaching.
Ghana. Mostly Remote (weekly in-person meetings in the first 2-3 months to foster team building and teamwork)
What you’d be doing
- Work on a product team, practice daily scrum to deliver working software each sprint as a team.
- Develop, test and deliver the product backlog of features, enhancements and fixes at high quality.
- Show off your work in team demos and presentations
- Contribute to product backlog grooming and estimation.
- Provide end-user tech-on-call support based on urgency levels as and when necessary
- Contribute to and learn from peers in team learning programs.
- Take ownership of key products as you grow within the organisation.
Our preferred candidate
- Relevant experience as a software developer/engineer.
- Experience with OOP and SOLID principles using design patterns as relevant.
- Proven experience with PHP/Laravel framework, VueJS.
- Experience with MySQL, Redis, Git, REST APIs and unit testing.
- Experience using Docker/Linux.
- Excellent written, verbal and technical communications skills.
- Flexible, proactive, can self-manage with little supervision. Attention to detail and can take initiative in unfamiliar and unplanned situations.
- Open-minded, fun and ready to learn and develop professionally.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary based on level of experience
- Social Security
- Professional development courses and team learning events.
- Team events!