JOB TITLE: Software Engineer
ABOUT THE JOB
Our backend systems power the applications used by thousands of customers every year to access loans online. These systems must also support tight integration with our partners in banking and telecommunications. Engineering at Lupiya provides the opportunity to work on challenging scaling problems while also designing the features that will define Fintech industry in Zambia. You will learn how to build in an open collaborative environment serving many requests daily.
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
- You will work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- You will use the best tools/tech for the job, which means working on a diverse, polyglot codebase
Lupiya's technology is constantly changing and adapting. Some of the technologies you would use at Lupiya include:
- DevOps (Git, Docker, Kubernetes)
If you have experience with these technologies, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper. If you haven't used these technologies you will have the chance to learn from the collective experience of our team.
- Self-motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- A strong sense of ownership
- Experience with mobile development is an added advantage
- Experience with data science is an added advantage
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience working with a large codebase on a cross functional team.
- Strong knowledge of databases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering OR equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of working experience in a similar field/environment; We are hiring for all levels.