What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be expected to work with the rest of the QA team to own the overall quality of the container-based microservices we produce, and work with the wider team to ensure a seamless experience for the users of our customer-facing products. In addition, you will be required to initiate tests, analyze results, and find solutions to technical problems, while ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested.
As part of the role you will:
- Communicate with developer and PO to enhance Acceptance Criteria.
- Create test cases and procedures.
- Perform API testing using Postman (JSON and XML).
- Identify and document test conditions, and capture traceability between test cases, test conditions, and the test basis
- Automate tests as needed
- Evaluate non-functional characteristics such as performance efficiency, reliability, usability, security, compatibility, and portability
- Resolve technical customer-facing problems
- Manage reported issues and escalate when required
You should apply if:
- the work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- you’re passionate about Financial Services.
- you’re familiar with some of our testing tools or technologies.
- you want to help build, scale and operate a platform to support a product that you (and everyone you know) use or will use every day.
- you’re keen to learn more about new technologies and the arcane inner workings of the financial industry.
- you’re comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity.
We are looking for candidates who can meet the following criteria - We want to emphasize that we don’t expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in at least one area.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical degree.
- Contribute to functional, integration, performance, and regression testing.
- Define and adhere to quality initiatives.
- Provide metrics and results from all testing efforts that will support business decisions.
- Work closely with engineering and product management to ensure quality in any release.
- Update testing strategies appropriately.
- Knowledge of mobile emulators and mobile operating systems.
- Experience with QA-related tools for requirements management, test management, and defect tracking.
- Proficient in Agile development methodologies (e.g., Kanban, Scrum) and processes.
- API testing experience, either JSON and XML.
- Manual and Automation testing knowledge.
- Confidence in writing acceptance criteria.
- An understanding of the development lifecycle, software release process and defect management.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in software testing or a related technical role.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team.
- Great communication skills, and ability to put together documentation.
- Having a programming language experience is an advantage
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being considered:
- Knowledge of GIT Version-Control System.
- Knowledge of MySQL and NoSQL systems, specifically MongoDB
- A background in Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
- Ability to work with the Linux / Unix environment.
- Knowledge of the Selenium test automation tool and other testing tools such as TestNG & JUnit.
- At Carbon, People are the heart of the business, so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to;
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work life balance and offer a remote working option for certain roles.