About the Role:
The Special Project Manager is an important leadership role at myAgro. It's part of the Agriculture team and reports to the Director of Agriculture. The role is necessary to ensure that we are delivering the highest quality of inputs and services possible to our farmers. With our plans to increase our impact with farmers, this is a crucial role to the team.
- Manage large-scale programs and care about the details without getting overwhelmed. You'll implement quality controls to ensure quality of program execution.
- Collaborate with many different teams. You'll coordinate across departments and get agreement on work plans and calendars.
- Focus on the end-users. You will design trainings, products, and trials starting from the end-users: both farmers and field staff.
- Be a project and people manager. From project management to delegation and coaching, you have the tools in your tool-belt to oversee this role and the projects that come with it. You'll make your team and those around you better.
- At least 5 years of prior management experience – preferably including background in scaling and expanding programs in rural areas.
- Held a position on the crossroads between multiple departments.
- Worked in West Africa.
- Fluency in French and English
- While you will be part of the Agriculture team you don't need to be an agronomist. We have experts on the team and within our network that you will work with. The magic ingredient of this role is that you're user-focused, an excellent project manager, and curious.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.