Valenture is an exciting new start-up in the online education space. Our mission is to evolve what it means to “go” to school by transforming physical limitations into digital opportunities. We do this by providing students worldwide with a fully supported, global online high school experience, steeped in academic excellence and rooted in sustainable practices. We believe in providing more than just a quality online education – we’re dedicated to building and empowering a purpose-driven, global student body and equipping them to make the best of both their individual and collective futures.
Valenture Institute is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Systems and Technology team. This person will lead the ongoing development and be the overall champion for improving internal processes and driving adoption of our Salesforce implementation. The successful candidate will work closely with functional leaders, organisational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop and deploy new business processes including those that touch our marketing, sales and other core operational functional areas. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator and part analyst. The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Salesforce platform. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking, be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users, have a natural ability to lead and an inclination towards people.
- 4 years of professional experience
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an affinity towards systems thinking
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to present complex ideas simply
- A good understanding of the Agile development process and best practices
- Knowledge of the principles of product management and business analysis
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Act as the primary link between business stakeholders and our Salesforce system, ensuring that business objectives are translated into highly functional working software.
- Complete necessary training and certifications to become highly proficient in Salesforce technology, and become the Salesforce ambassador at Valenture
- Direct interaction with internal stakeholders to elicit comprehensive business requirements and use cases and recommending and deploying appropriate solutions.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Work with our various teams to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organisation
- Effectively liaise between our users and the application development teams
- Work closely with the rest of the Technology team to ensure development items are technically feasible, scoped correctly and accurately estimated
- Identify inefficiencies in workflows and make suggestions on improvements
- Work with developers and support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
- Develop training materials and provide training to stakeholders
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organisation and communication.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development
- Implement Quality Assurance processes, ensuring all deliverables are thoroughly tested and meet a high quality standard
- Manage the Maintenance Board to ensure all support queries are resolved in a timely manner
Personal Skills & Attributes
- Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly on our applications, technologies and processes
- Confident presenter and good written skills
- Technical expertise and the ability to question, understand and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, ability to work with a diverse team and influence change across functional and business boundaries
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with scrum and other Agile development methodologies
- Bold and optimistic personality: Strong drive and high energy; action and results oriented
- Solid technical background with an understanding of software development and platform technologies
Start date: As soon as possible
ICAS Employee Wellness Programme
Family member discount for Valenture Institute
Voluntary savings Programme