We are trailblazers. We are innovative. We have technology running in our veins. Do we tick your boxes? Do you want to play a part in taking gaming technology to the next level? If yes, we’re looking for you!
This is your opportunity to be part of the leading software house in the online gaming world. In our space, passionate, innovative and incredibly awesome teams create the best technology in the field, and each day is a chance to level up.
We’re on the hunt for a Technical Specialist to join our TechOps Team in either the Isle of Man or Pretoria. This role would suit an individual from a strong software development background who is looking for a new challenge in a leading global gaming tech organisation.
As a learning organisation, we are always adapting, growing and expanding our know - how. We strive to drive the business (and ourselves) forward every day and pride ourselves on our culture.
- Design, deploy, develop, and configure solutions for server, network, application, and compliance automation.
- Work with or lead a team to break down solutions into small tasks that can be completed autonomously.
- Participate in the design of service automation in cloud towards Infrastructure-as-code.
- Designing solutions that will operate at scale.
- Driving adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
- Deep experience with either AWS, Azure or physical datacenter infrastructure (such as hardware load balancers, imaging systems, out of band management, DNS).
- Manage mission critical, large scale service in a global organisation.
- Strong technical knowledge of large scale, complex platforms.
- Experience handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management systems like: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- Sysadmin knowledge of DNS, network topology, routing, Docker, ELK, RabbitMQ, NoSQL.
- Provide input into product selection and standards, design, and certification.
- Provide feedback regarding development and engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices.
- Create and/or contribute to deliverables, technical and non-technical, that are required to support DevOps transformations.
- Requirements gathering for design, development and deployment
- Performing audits and analysis of existing products for the purpose of ensuring proper configuration management and consistency.
- Adhere ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Define and create standard operating procedures that are compliant and auditable
- Able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
- Ability to make key decisions as they relate to service disruptions and problems.
- Expertise in designing, analysing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, excellent communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Engage in and improve the whole life cycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Scale systems sustainable through mechanisms like automation and evolve
- A background within Development and Operations.
- Experience in one or of the following: Python C#, C++, Java, Go, Perl or Ruby, Powershell.
- Excellent experience with tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Terraform
- Building CI/CD pipelines using automation tools (Azure DevOps, Gitlab CI, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud technology (or strong experience in AWS / Google)
- Automated provisioning of infrastructure (e.g Terraform, ARM)
- Experience of logging technologies (e.g Splunk, ELK, InfluxDB, Prometheus)
- Knowledge of Web and Application hosting environments (e.g Application Gateways, API routing, Apache, Nginx)
- Experience with containerization principles and frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, Nomad)
- Strong knowledge of version control
- Able to communicate all needs, instructions and decisions clearly
- Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce the time taken to complete manual tasks
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
Who we are:
As part of Derivco International you would be working for one of the foremost providers of gaming technology in the world. With our current expansion into various markets and a host of opportunities in exploring new ideas and technologies, this is an exciting time to join our office in Isle of Man or Pretoria.
Derivco offers employees a great range of benefits including health insurance, gym membership, free lunches daily, social events and much more. With a great work environment and a host of opportunities to explore new ideas & technologies and grow your career.
We would like to retain your details on a confidential basis for future reference in case a suitable opportunity arises.
We know that you care how we use information about you, and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly.